- Twenty-Three -

I woke slowly, the first thing I noticed was the intense throbbing in my head. I opened my eyes, looking around, frowning. I was back in my house. It took me a moment to remember what happened. "Your finally awake." I tensed hearing my father's voice. "You have caused me nothing, but trouble. I tried so hard to whip you into shape, yet you resisted. Now, you involve the Montgomery Pack."

I looked to where my father's voice was coming from, and fear filled me. He looked the same, yet now he also had a different aura around him. I don't know if it was because I was told he was a wolf, worse a rouge or not, but he seemed scarier than before. "What are you talking about?" I played dumb.

Obviously it wasn't working too well, because my father growled, literally growled. "Don't lie to me you bitch! What did you tell them?" I flinched back as he came to stand in front of me, it was then I realized that I was bound to the kitchen chair. How had I not noticed that?

"I don't know what you talking about!" I screamed at him, every nerve in my body alive. I was waiting for what I knew would come, but I hoped wouldn't. I bit my lip as my father drew his hand back, and wiped it through the air, his palm connecting hard with my cheek. No matter how much I tried to prepare myself for it, it didn't help. It hurt, badly.

"Don't you dare scream at me! I am your father!" He yelled back in my face.

I didn't care that tears fell, I didn't care anymore what he did. "You aren't my father! You aren't! You haven't been my father for the past two and a half years! My father was a good man, who played with me, and taught me right from wrong. He taught me how to ride a bike, and would clean my wounds when I fell. He loved me, he would tuck me in at night and kiss my forehead! Your a monster! You don't care about me, nor anyone else since mom left us!" I cried, my chest heaving with my breathing, and my high emotions.

My father was silent for so long I didn't think he was going to say anything at all. My mind whirled with what he may and could do to me, but also about Zachariah. Would they come for me or would they think I just ran away? It was sad. The more I thought about it, they would remember my last time with them, believing that I hated them. I wanted to laugh, and cry, and scream because it was so wrong. I didn't hate them, but I was afraid and confused.

"Your mother..." My father finally spoke, breaking my thoughts. "She was my mate. It took all my will power not to kill myself when she died. A mate is precious to us wolves, you know that right?" His eyes got a distant look, then suddenly I could see the anger growing within. He began to laugh, "I promised myself that I'd stay alive to get revenge against the one's responsible for her death. The one's who took my beautiful Marybeth." He grabbed my face, his grip so tight that I was sure I would have bruises. "Do you know what's funny about all of this? I'd been having some friends scope out their pack trying to find their weakness, but all alone I held it in my hands. I'll tell you something, the one's responsible for your mother's death, the cause of your misery is your precious mate's father. He killed her."

My eyes widened, and without even realizing it I was mentally denying it. I couldn't believe that Michael, the man who helped me was the reason my mother was dead. "I can tell by your eyes that you don't believe me." My father stated, amused. "It's very true. I wouldn't lie about something like that. I planned to kill his mate, Karen. That was the plan, but now I have something so much better. I have his son, the Alpha's mate. I will kill you right in front of them. Let them watch, helpless to do anything."

My lips trembled as he painted a nightmare. "W.. Y-you'd kill me?" I whispered. I knew my father had lost it. I couldn't even mourn the fact that my mother hadn't just left us, but had been killed. Now, I was told that it was Michael who had done it, and my father planned to kill me, his own daughter for revenge. "I'm your daughter! Don't you care for me at all? What have I ever done to you?!"

"YOU LIVED!" My father screamed, my eyes widening. "You are the reason your mother is dead, if you had just stayed in the house and out of the woods like you were supposed to your mother wouldn't have gone after you! She's dead because of you!" He heaved while I felt like I was punched in the gut.

"W-what?" I asked, even though I wasn't sure if I wanted an answer. I didn't remember anything he was saying. It was a memory that I didn't remember.

"It's almost funny that you don't remember anything. I heard that a traumatic experience can be blocked from your mind, but I didn't really know if it was true until it happened. You left the house while your mother was busy and when she found out, she chased after you. Little did we know at the time that we was so close to a pack. You crossed into their territory and you being her pup, your mother followed blindly. I could feel your mother's emotions, see through my eyes what she seen..." He trailed off. "She found you, but before she could flee with you, they attacked her. They never took mercy on the fact that she was a female, or that she had a pup. They killed her, tore her apart!"

I was full out sobbing by the time he stopped, not wanting to believe that I was really the reason she was dead, and not wanting to believe that Zachariah's pack was responsible for her death. "So now you know why I hate you so much! You took her from me, and I had to live with the daily reminder of what I lost. You look so much like your mother, and I hate it! I hate it! I wanted to kill you so many times, just to stop seeing you. I had a friend who was more than happy to help me, but he was unsuccessful. Now, I won't fail. I will kill you while I get my revenge for your mother's death." His face took on a look, that I remembered seeing before all of the abuse began. "I wish so many times that I could forget, that I could just push the thoughts away..." He muttered then without another word my father turned and left the kitchen, leaving me in misery and agony. 

*
**
*

* sniffles *