Lunch :)

Part 3:

*Present*

            The thoughts bring tears to my eyes. I can’t believe that my life was full of love and happiness just a few months ago. No, I am happy now I like Zayn, my dad is somewhat back in the picture of my family. I have to try life this way, I honestly don’t want to but I have to try. As of now my life is being lived for me. I have no idea how I will go on like this. I just wish I could see how things happen later, just so that I know I’ll be okay.

            Monday finally shows up and I get up and get ready for my day, I remember my plans with Zayn and get butterflies. I hardly know this guy, just a few classes and a few small talks. I have no idea what to expect but I’m really should keep an open mind. I finish getting ready and I’m off to school. I get to my first period, which is Algebra I sit next to my friend Felix.

“Morning Mack.”

“Morning.” I smile back and get out my work.

            I highly dislike that I have math at 7 in the morning, my brain doesn’t function. I can’t 2 from 200, but no one believes me because I’m so good at math.  I get through the class without falling asleep, and I’m glad because I look decently alive when I see Zayn outside my classroom.

“Zayn?” I question.

“Mack hey.. umm I hope I didn’t freak you out. I just..” he stopped and looked down at his feet.

“You what?’ we start to walk together down the hall.

“I just kind of wanted to see you.”

            I couldn’t help but smile, he wanted to see me? How could I have a sweet guy standing in front of me and all I can think about is Harry. I can’t believe myself sometimes, I push Harry out of my thoughts and I keep my conversation with Zayn going.

“You didn’t forget about lunch did you?”

“Of course not.” I smile as I stop in front of my next class.

            I could tell that he wanted to hug me, but he didn’t. was that his way of showing his respect for me? I never really understood guys and there ways of respect. Harry had the strangest way of showing his feelings to me. I take my seat and my mind drifts away…

*Flashback*

“Angel I’m really scared I don’t know anyone.” I say shyly

“You know me.” She giggled

“You know what I mean.”

            Say I spit out that last sentence I see the bus to my school up in front of me. My cousin and I wait to get on last; I felt my stomach drop to my ass when this boy yells out to me.

“Hey Mackenzie Harry wants to go out with you.”

“Nathan shut up!” My cousin yells back at him.

            My chin hits the floor, my heart stops, and I look into the boy Harry’s eyes. I got lost for what seemed like forever, I was completely insulted for the boy’s words to me but there was something about him that stopped me. My cousin pulled me onto the seat and from that day on my life was turned upside down.

*Present*

            Before I know it its lunch time and I meet up with Zayn in the lunch room and we make our way to the corner store the get some food. It was kind of awkward at first because this was the first time we were actually alone. He was walking very close to me and I didn’t know what to think, say, or even do.

“Are you okay?” he asked lightly.

“Yeah I’m fine. So whatever happened with that girl that you said you liked?”

“Well she doesn’t have a phone so I can only talk to her at school.”

            I don’t have a phone, maybe he does like me. He is really nice and sweet, but there is something that I’m not sure about. I am jumping a little ahead of myself, I’ll wait and see what he has to say about her.

“Have you talked to her today?”

“Yeah a little, but I have a feeling she likes someone else.”

            If he is talking about me, he is totally right but I love someone else. Maybe if I try something with Zayn I could get over Harry. He and I were only together for five months anyway so I could try.

“Well what do you like about her?” I ask as we reach the corner store.

“She’s really cute, small, shy, and was one of the only people I actually get along with here.”