25

a/n: go read @minfires and @Yunachi 's stories i honestly think they're really well written and need more recognition!!!1!

------------------

I gripped onto the photo tighter with wide eyes and blinked a couple of times to make sure that I wasn't seeing things. In the photo was a slightly younger version Taehyung and TaeKwang, smiling happily with their arms draped across each other's shoulders playfully.

Wondering if they knew each other from before, I remembered that TaeKwang seemed to know Taehyung on the day he transferred to our school.

But why weren't they in good terms anymore?

"I thought I told you not to touch anything," a voice spoke lowly right next to my ear and I flinched in surprise.

I freaked out internally for a few seconds and spun around from my spot, only to bump my forehead into a chin. My heart fastened its beat the moment I looked up to meet the latter's face and even faster when I saw the anger flashing in TaeKwang's eyes.

He was so close to the point where I could feel his breath on me and I didn't have a choice to back away since his desk was right behind. I leant back slightly and looked to the floor, suddenly feeling guilty about grabbing the Polaroid picture.

"I'm sorry," I whispered weakly.

TaeKwang let out a loud sigh and ran a hand through his damp hair, grabbing the picture from my hands harshly with his other. "Why did I even let you come over here... Just go home,"

"Sorry... I didn't mean to be a nuisance. I'll go," I muttered and placed his clothes on his desk then headed out of the room.

I took another peek into the room before closing the door and saw TaeKwang silently staring at the slight crumbled picture in his palm

I took another peek into the room before closing the door and saw TaeKwang silently staring at the slight crumbled picture in his palm. My eyes widened when he all of a sudden scrunched it up with his fist then threw it in the bin. And boy did he look pissed. TaeKwang approached the door in a quick pace that was too fast for me to back away before he opened the door. He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion and gave me a 'piss off' look.

"I um... Think I left my phone in there," I lied.

TaeKwang raised his eyebrows as if he wasn't going to take my lie but simply stepped aside for me to go in again. I calmed my fast heartbeat and tiptoed into the room again, only to go and pick up the crumbled picture from the bin and place it in my pocket. Pursing my lips together, I rushed back out and gave TaeKwang and his sister a farewell before heading home.

A week had passed and everyone was busy because of the upcoming suneung. No one dared to skip a afternoon class and people started becoming distant towards each other because of the intense studying. I never got a chance to talk with Taehyung and eventually started worrying about him after those few days. His grandmother's operation was held on the exam date, and I hoped for that day to be only filled with delightfulness.