Chapter three

Hayley's POV

"Mine." He growls in a possessive manner as he not so gently pulls me by the waist towards him.My temper starts to rise at his actions. "What's your name beautiful?" He asks with a voice so deep yet so smooth that I can't help the cold shiver that runs down my spine. His lips twitch in attempt to hide as growing smirk but eventually fails as he is currently giving me a full blown smirk. I'm about to respond with a witty comment before I abruptly get pulled away into a rock hard wall but relax slightly as Carson's scent surrounds me. "Back off dude." Carson spits out with a voice laced with so much venom ."And what if I don't?" Mysterious guy with the brown eyes rudely answers back with a husky voice as he takes a step closer towards us.

Christopher's POV

I watch closely as my mate runs her laps around the track . I assume she is too engulfed with her exhaustion because she doesn't seem to notice all the attention she is drawing towards herself in her little gym outfit . Her black nike shorts end a few inches above her mid-thigh,  leaving most of her lucious, lean, caramel skin legs exposed . Her full chest heaves up and down rapidly  and quite noticeably through her grey V-neck shirt in attempt to calm her breathing, her thick curly dark brown hair is held at the top of her head in a messy way and exposes her neck in a manner that makes me want to mark her right here in the middle of the field . Little does she know the lustrous gazes she is receiving from the unmated wolves and humans is more than enough to throw my anger over the edge.

I quickly make my way towards her but stop immediately when some blonde haired boy makes his way towards and literally wraps himself around her . I notice her relax and lean into his hold as his hand discretely tightens around her waist. Without thinking, my wolf Xavier takes control and growls lowly, enough to startle any werewolf but go undetected by any human.

"Mine" Xavier growls lowly as he takes in our mate's full appearance up close. Her hazel eyes sparkle even more as her pink and plump lips part. Xavier takes the opportunity to roughly hold her against us. She involuntarily shivers at the position we're in causing my wolf and I to smirk knowing we got such a reaction from her. "What's your name beautiful?"Xavier asks our mate causing me to groan internally from his stupidity.

Before she gets to answer, blondie quickly pulls her out of my grasp and into him. She visibly relaxes as she seems to recognize him. Once again, flaring up my anger even more than before . Her sweet honey and caramel scent starts to mix in with his as my fists ball up in anger.

"Back off dude." Blondie grits through his teeth as he glares daggers my way. His blue orbs visibility darken, a sign showing his wolf is about to take over."And if I don't ?" I challenge back to his meaningless threat. My mate's eyebrows raise in shock from my oddly calm response. Her beautiful face is all I can focus on before blondie over here tries to attack me.

My mate immediately steps in between us and places her palm on my chest, trying to push me away. All activity comes to a halt as everyone intently watches us waiting for someone to make the first move.

Her gesture calms me down as Xavier gives me back full control. She stares at me in wonder as my body relaxes under her calming touch. Our eyes lock as everything and everyone around us blurs out. Every sound is muffled except for her steady heart beat.

"Hayley. My name is Hayley." She quietly mutters in response to Xavier's stupidity earlier. Her voice, so soft and gentle. It draws me in even more. I clear my throat in attempt to play off my already whipped ass cool. "Christopher. Christopher Adams."

Picture of Christopher at the top