|Skate Date|

*For Cameron_with_a_pen *

"Oh dear God, of all places you picked here?" Derek groans as Y/N pulls him towards the skating rink. The female snorts and sends a look to her best friend.

"You're just grumpy because you can't skate," she says matter-of-factly.

"Exactly. So...why are we here?" He asks, raising his eyebrows as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Because I love skating, and you love me! It's what best friends do," she grins. Derek snorts.

"That's debatable." He mutters, causing the shorter to roll her eyes.

"Oh, come on, Der! Please? I'll help you!" Y/N smiles widely, squeezing his hands gently. The alpha feels his cheeks heat up, and he knows they're tinted pink. If he's being honest, he has the biggest crush on his best friend, (but of course he'd never admit to calling it that) and has no idea how to tell her. Lucky for him, he's always been good at hiding his emotions. He simply sighs and shoots her a small smile, shrugging.

"Alright, fine." He mutters. "But you owe me a favor after this," he says, pointing a finger at her.

"Yes sir," Y/N grins, pulling him towards the counter so they can grab their skates.

***

"Okay, this was a terrible idea," Derek says, keeping his hands locked in Y/N's as he attempts to keep himself standing. "Why, God, why me?" Y/N rolls her eyes.

"Oh, stop being such a sour wolf, I told you, I got you!" She says, gently pulling him forward on the ice.

"If I fall, I'm blaming you," The alpha says, looking up at her with a smile despite himself. The girl laughs, shaking her head fondly.

"I think I can live with that." She gently moves her hands to his waist to straighten him up, and Derek feels his cheeks heat up again. "Try standing up straight, it's easier," She hums, looking up at him. She doesn't realize how close they are until she sees his face looking directly down at hers. Before the alpha can comprehend what's happening, Y/N's hands are sliding up to cup either side of his face. Derek's hands reach up to gently touch her wrists, his thumbs rubbing against them gently.

Suddenly he leans down, gently pressing his lips against hers as his hands travel down to hold her gently by the waist. Y/N gladly kisses back, humming softly against his lips. Their lips move in perfect sync, and the both of them only pull away when the need for air becomes too great to ignore. The slowly pull away and Y/N laughs gently, patting his chest softly as she leans her forehead on it.

"Well, you may suck at skating, but that was one good kiss," She jokes, making the alpha laugh softly.

"Does that mean I can call this the perfect end to the perfect date? No matter how unbelievably cheesy that is?" Derek jokes. Y/N laughs, squeezing his shoulders and nodding gently.

"A perfect date indeed."

A/N- Hope you enjoyed it! ❤️❤️