Funny Story

The next morning I wake up to a body literally on top of me. We are both sweating bullets and I think my chest is caving in underneath him.
" Landon," I whisper,trying to push him off of me and he stirs a little.
" Sleep," he groans and I try to wiggle out.
" I'm going to suffocate," I breath out and he laughs a little as he kisses my forehead and turns to lay on the other side of the bed.
      I get up because for some reason my body can't sleep past 9. I go to the bathroom and put back on my dress and  then leave a note for Landon on his night stand.
All of this may have been the start of the biggest mistake I'm going to make in life , but right now it feels right.
" You can't leave,"'Landon mumbles as I put the note down and I kiss his forehead.
" I have to get cleaned up, we can go to lunch later though," I proclaim and he nods as he turns and goes back to sleep.
      I drive back home and get cleaned up. I leave my hair down and throw on some ripped boyfriend jeans and a cute olive crop top. I bought some Olive Nikes to go with and it took me forever to find them, it matches my gold necklace nicely.
" Call me when your ready, I have a few stops to make before I come get you," Landon texts and I put some Chapstick on as I respond to his message.
" Whenever you're ready,"I say and then head downstairs to get a yogurt to hold me over.
Ding dong.
The doorbell rings about an hour later and I'm starving. I go over to the door and Landon smiles to me.
" Good afternoon," I breath out because now that I'm totally sober, I'm a little unsettled on where we stand.
I guess Landon was confident because he leans in and kisses me.
        " ready," he asks and I nod as I take his hand and walk out of my apartment.
      Landon must of liked the hamburger place because he wanted to go back for lunch today. It's always different seeing him in his normal attire in a normal atmosphere.
      He has on a black polo shirt and some khakis. I don't think he can ever dress too formal, but this look fits him.
       " My mom wants me to stop by after lunch, do you mind tagging along," he asks and I shake my head.
       " I'm yours for the rest of the day, or until you get tired of me," I joke and he laughs.
     " I'm pretty sure you'll be tired of me first," he laughs and we eat our lunch with light conversation.
Once we finish up we head to the car and Landon runs around to open the door for me. I look over in shock and he laughs.
" Don't look so shocked, I have manners," he calls and I smile.
" This is going to take some getting use to," I explain and he goes around to his side and starts up the car.
Reaching his moms house Landon looks over to me before getting out.
" Are you ready for this," he smiles and I nod as I get out and head towards the front door.
" My baby," his mom calls out and I think she's talking about Landon, but she comes over to me and gives a tight hug.
" Hello, ms. Marks," I say while she still has a grip on me and Landon eventually comes in and pushes her away.
" Nice seeing you too mom," he jokes and she goes one to him and gives him a hug.
" I cooked some food after I dropped your brother and his wife off, your little brother has been in his room all day and I doubt he'll be in a good mood when he comes down," she says and we nod as we come in.
" So tell me sweetheart, how did you get this heartless mans heart," she winks to me as she leads me to the living room. Landon is only a few steps behind.
" He had to win mine," I say honestly and she looks over to me with a smile.
" Landon, I just love her," she breaths out and I laugh.
      We all walk into the living room and sit on the couches when Landon's mom decides to speak again.
     " Landon, do you mind coming to the other room so I could speak with you privately for a moment," she asks and Landon looks up to his mom in confusion.
      " It's that important that Joelle can't hear it," Landon asks and she nods.
     " Nothing personal sweetie, just family issues that need to be laid out on the table," she claims and Landon smirks.
     " Funny how I'm the only family member that needs to be talked to all the time," he huffs and I look at his mother before standing up.
" I'm going to go freshen up for dinner," I say making Landon turn to me with a glare.
I ignore it and head over to the bathroom. I accidentally open up a door that looks like some sort of office and Justin is sitting their drawing in his notebook.
       " You are really good, do you plan on going to art school," I ask and he looks up with a smile.
      " I plan on going into business so I can own a tattoo shop," he answers and I come in and sit on the couch.
     " That's not a bad idea, tattoos and piercings never go out of style," I claim and he shrugs.
     " Try telling your mom that you want to go to school in order to own a tattoo shop and not help with the family company," he says lightly and I look up to him.
      " It's your life. If it was up to my dad  right now I'd be in law school dreading to get up in the morning, parents most of the time don't see your vision until it becomes reality,"I rant  because his story is all too familiar to me.
       " I like you and that means a lot coming from me," he laughs and I join in.
     " We'll see how much you like me when I'm coming into your parlor for free tattoos," I smile and he looks down at his paper.
       " I'll have your sketch already done," he jokes and he shows me his sketch book just as I hear Landon yelling out my name.
    " In here," I yell and he barges into the room.
     " It's time to go," he growls and I look up to him confused.
      " Landon, calm down, what's going on," I say moving closer to him and he's staring at me blankly.
     " I'll meet you in the car," he turns out and I turn to Justin who looks just as shocked.