Chapter 27

Krystal snuggled further into her pillow. She tightened her arms around it before she felt the pillow tighten around her too. A soft smile formed on her face at how comfortable she was before it suddenly fell. Pillows aren't supposed to move.

She opened her eyes slowly and was met with the sight of a bare chest. She tried lifting up her head but the side of her head was being held down by something strong. Memories from the previous day flashed in her head and she immediately blushed. This had to be Jason's chest she was currently laying on.

Jason had an arm around Krystal's waist while the other arm looped around her head and his hand tangled in her hair, cradling her to him. His chin rest on top of her head while their legs were tangled together underneath the blanket that had ridden down during the night.

Krystal tried getting up again but Jason only held on tighter.

"Don't," she heard him say, his voice deep from sleep and sending butterflies straight to her stomach.

She sighed. She wasn't getting out of there. Giving in, she closed her eyes and relaxed her body.

"You know, you move a lot in your sleep," he said, still with his eyes closed. "I had to hold you all night just to restrain you."

She shrugged her shoulders. "I can't help that I sleep like a starfish."

Silence enveloped them as they enjoyed being in each others arms. Krystal couldn't see it but Jason had a small, content smile on his face.

The last thing Krystal remembered from last night was them dancing. She must have fallen asleep and Jason brought her to bed.

"Why didn't you just leave me on the couch?" she mumbled against him. He was so warm.

"I couldn't just leave you out there while I slept comfortably in my bed."

"So why didn't you sleep on the couch then?"

"Because it's my bed. I was going to sleep in it whether you were in it or not," he said simply.

Krystal suddenly felt the urge to go pee. Badly. She tried wiggling out of Jason's arms again. "Jason let go, I need to go pee."

Jason sighed heavily before releasing his arms around her. Krystal quickly climbed out of the bed before making her way to the bathroom and relieving herself. She washed her hands before brushing her teeth with the toothbrush from last night and trying her best to untangle her hair with her hands. She silently cursed Jason and blamed him for tangling his hands in her hair, which now resulted in it looking like a rat's nest.

She must have been in the bathroom for a long time because Jason wasn't in the bed anymore when she got out. She made her way to the living room and saw that Jason was now making a cup of coffee.

"Hey, the power's back on," she pointed out as she made her way to the kitchen island.

"Obviously," he said. "I already put your clothes from yesterday in the washer. Want some?" he lifted up the coffee pot.

Krystal nodded. "It's always a yes to coffee."

He poured her a cup before pouring himself some. Krystal stared at him in horror as he drank his coffee black.

"What are you doing?" she nearly shouted.

He raised an eyebrow. "Drinking my coffee."

"What about the sugar? The creamer? The half and half?"

He shrugged. "I like my coffee black."

She scrunched up her nose as she made her way over to the refrigerator. She pulled out some half and half and grabbed the container labeled 'sugar' from the counter before proceeding to pour them into her cup.