Chapter 24

Primrose POV

As I hear my name being blasted over the screen with Clarissa's, I freeze out. No. This can't be happening. That means that only two or none of us in our family will survive the Games. Just then, our escort calls for volunteers. Clarissa and I stand on the stage. I'm about to cry out before I hear a voice from the crowd.

"I volunteer for Primrose Mellark."

"Well, that's good! Finally, a volunteer!" Effie squeals in delight.

The volunteer walks up to the stage as I see his face. Very similar to Clifford's. And only Family of the tributes can volunteer. That means...

As I caress his face, he smiles at me and says,

"Primrose, I'm back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the volunteer and Clarissa walks to the Justice Building, I'm brought to say my last goodbyes first.

"Cliff, why are you back? And why did you go missing?"I almost accusingly ask.

"Well, Prim. I went missing because..." He explains.

"Wait, Mum. Who is that?" Clarissa asks. "Why did he volunteer for us? Unless he is..."

"Yes, Clarissa. I'm your father." He nods in approval.

"I went missing because one night, I got a call from President Snow. He threatened to kill us if I didn't move to District 1 to become a Informant." He continues.

"Why would he do that?" Clarissa asks.

"He spotted the twins hunting. If I didn't go, he would kill them. Or turn them into Avoxes." Cliff replies.

"I managed to come home just yesterday. With the twins out of the Games, President Snow wanted the Family Reaping. He wanted me to be here for the Reaping. So that I could either see my family suffer or let me die in the Games. I'm back for the Games." Cliff says. As he speaks, tears start flowing down my face.

"And you... volunteered for Mum. Primrose Mellark." Clarissa stammers.

"Yes. Your mother could never win the Games." Cliff explains.

Just then, Peacekeepers come in in massive amounts and take all of us away. Including me.

At the very last second, they take me away to the square while they drag Cliff and Clarrisa to the train.

I'm placed straight onto the stage with no explainations whatsoever. Everyone is probably asleep by now. Just then, the screen flutters with light.

"Well, Miss Mellark. I see we have a volunteer. Or should I say, Mrs Lart?" President Snow booms at me.

"What do you want from me?" I question.

"Well, I want the Lart Family to suffer! All of you are the next generation of Katniss Everdeen! Your daughters are in the running of winning! That can't happen. It won't. And the Family reaping will ensure that! But in my announcement, I said that one family member of each tribute, dead or alive, shall enter the arena. And your darling Cliff volunteered for you. So, you will live. But I want you to suffer more. You shall go to the Capitol. But I have a surprise for you." He answers.

Just then, a hovercraft soars above me. I'm being lifted, up into the air. The Capitol seal is on the hovercraft. I wonder what the surprise will be.

As I finally manage to touch the floor, I see President Snow in it. He's sipping tea and eating a cookie.

"Well, Miss Mellark. You are probably anticipating the surprise. Well, come with me." He slurs.

As I walk towards a room, I step in and the doors close. I pull on them. They're locked up tight. All I see is white. A white bed. White ceilings. White flooring. And a white television.

From the speakers, I hear something. The television answers my question. What?

As the television sparks with light, I see it. It's Clifford's Games.

Tears trickle down my face as I see Clifford. He has an alliance with Lexi but is usually doing all the work. He's attacked a few times, sending screams from the speakers.

I clutch up in a ball, trying not to hear it. But they do. They are with me. And when I see Clifford beheaded once, they replay it. Over and over again.

When the doors finally open, I exit the room, physically and emotionally scarred.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Chapter!

Don't forget to vote for the 100th Hunger Games- Fourth Quarter Quell to get in the top ten!

~carcarlolz