"This is very important, Sydney, so don't move a muscle." Aria instructed me as she stood behind me, staring in the mirror as she attempted to do my hair. "I know it's just a date, but you want to look your best. What if he takes you somewhere fancy?"

"He would have told me that, Aria." I laughed as I looked at myself in the mirror, makeup done and outfit on. "I don't think he would be so cruel as to let me walk into a fancy restaurant underdressed."

"Hmm, maybe not." Aria agreed. "So do you not want the updo, then?"

"I don't think so." I shook my head. "Just a bun or something would be fine."

"Got it." Aria nodded, taking my hair out of the pins she had put in already and letting it fall loosely around my shoulders. "High bun?"

"Yes. Otherwise, I would look bald."

Aria nodded in agreement before gathering my thick hair into a bun on the top of my head within seconds. I thanked her repeatedly as I gathered my purse, phone, and wallet, and left the room to head downstairs.

"Wow." I heard Connor's voice as I descended down the staircase. "You're breathtaking."

I blushed as I stepped down onto the floor and looked down sheepishly. "Thank you. You look very handsome." I nodded towards his plaid collared shirt and khaki shorts. "Very frat-esque."

He rolled his eyes as he took my hand.

"I guess I'll take the compliment. Are you sure you're okay with me driving your car?"

"Since I don't know where we're going, yes, that's perfectly fine." I laughed. "Just don't crash it, please."

"I'll try." Connor nodded seriously as we made our way out the door.

***

"How did you do this?" I gasped as I stepped out of the car and onto the beach

"How did you do this?" I gasped as I stepped out of the car and onto the beach. "Connor?"

Before me laid a picnic on the sand, complete with all sorts of food and drink, directly in front of the setting sun. I turned to look at Connor, who simply had a small smirk on his face and shrugged nonchalantly.

"I have my ways." He said before leading me to the blanket and sitting down with me. "I just wanted to make sure that our first date was as magical as it could be."

"You're so wonderful." I remarked as I picked up a strawberry. "How did I land a guy like you?"

"I guess we can thank Sulley and Leslay for that one." Connor laughed as he started to eat some potato salad. "They have no idea just how much they've changed our lives."

"That's for sure." I nodded in agreement. "Who would've thought that this would come out of a pen pal assignment?"

"It's the best school project I've ever had the pleasure of completing...and the only school project I actually enjoyed completing." He winked at me. "Now, before we continue, I have a very serious—what do you want?" he snarled, looking directly behind me.