Chapter 16: My Knight In Shining Armor

"This is absolutely absurd!" Regan shouted while two hunters tied his arms behind his back with pure silver chains.

Terrence and Christian were already tied up and being led out of the restaurant. They had made a huge scene and put up a right. It resulted in a few of the hunters being carried out of the place on stretchers.

For a moment I worried about the pack members in the dining room. But I hadn't noticed earlier that they were all from the Hollows and Waters Edge. How did I not see that? This whole night was a set up to capture the other Alphas.

"Johnny, duct tape his mouth would you? I am getting tired of listening to his incessant complaining," Evan ordered while he took a seat at the half empty table.

The only ones left were my uncle, aunt, Walter and Tristan. Uncle Bruce and Walter were at a stalemate. They were glaring at each other from across the dinner table. Aunt Fiona was gripping the tablecloth tightly in fear. Her knuckles were turning white from the hold.

Tristan still had his arm around my shoulder and he wasn't letting go any time soon. Evan was calmly watching everyone with an amused expression on his face.

"Are you going to tell us what is going on?" Bruce asked finally looking away from the staring contest with Walter.

"Is there really any need to keep these two around?" Evan asked, ignoring Bruce's question.

"We have no use for them," Walter responded.

"Johnny, take care of this for me."

"Don't even think about touching them," I hissed at Johnny when he stepped towards my family.

"Maybe you should take the little blonde girl too to be safe."

"She has to stay within fifty feet of me at all times," Tristan defended me as soon as Johnny reached out his hand to grab me out of my seat.

"Well it seems we have a bit of a dilemma then. Tristan, why didn't you inform me of this situation?"

"You didn't really think I would let you take my mate, did you?"

"I told you last night that she was going with the others. Do you think this is some sort of game so you can play big wolf on campus?"

"She is my mate. You lay one hand on her and my men outside will rip your men to shreds" Tristan threated him.

The tension in the room rose to new heights. I hated Tristan for keeping me hostage and marking me without my consent. I couldn't help but be thankful that he wasn't going to let the hunters take me without putting up a fight.

"Fine, just for tonight. We will talk about this tomorrow. As for these two, take care of them like I said Johnny."

"If you lay a finger on their heads I swear you will regret it. Leave them alone now," I threatened Johnny. I stood up quickly. My chair thudded to the ground.

My hand wrapped around his arm before he could touch either of my family members. I pushed his body up against the wall and dug my fingers into his bicep.

Evan placed a hand on my shoulder, "Down girl."

I flinched and shrugged his hand away from me, "Don't touch me."

"I think perhaps it's time for you to leave now Evan."

"Fine, but don't you forget about our talk tomorrow. Johnny, a word."

"Do you always have to cause problems?" Tristan asked when Johnny and Evan stepped out of the room.

"When it comes to my family I will do anything."