Chapter Thirty-Nine: You Have to Understand

I'm so sorry it's been crazy with work, school, and my current boyfriend. It's been pretty crazy actually. Oh and I was gonna ask you guys something should I do a meet and greet with you guys? If I get enough responses I'll take it under consideration!! Comment if you guys want that! And as always enjoy this chapter.

"Are-are they alive?" I felt like it was too surreal. It couldn't trust be possible. Could Elena actually be alive? Unharmed and alive? Maybe Luther wasn't as evil as I once thought.

"A few of the patroller are bringing them back here to get checked up on." Kyle explained. His eyes fogged over and waited for him to finish whatever mind link discussion he was having. "Sorry Luna- I mean Mia- I mean..."

"Spit it out Kyle! Forget fucking formalities. I want you and Carter to help them bring Vincent and Elena in. I don't want anything happening to them." They both nodded their head and started to turn. I grabbed a hold of Kyle's arm. "I'm trusting you to bring them back to me in one piece."

"I promised" He said and then turned to hurry after Carter who had already left.

A sigh came out as I stared at the empty door way. I hoped neither one of them were hurt badly. I needed at least one of them to help protect this pack. In the pit of my stomach I just knew Luther was planning to come back with vengeance. It is just a matter of time and I want to be prepared. Having Vincent or Elena beside me strong powerful will help keep Luther at bay as Leandor was on his death bed.

My stomach dropped again. Leandor's pale face showed before my eyes. It made my sick to think how god awful he truest looked. He was so frail and fragile. I thought even if I touched him that he would crumble and fall apart.

"Everything will turn out all right." I jumped at the voice. I had forgotten that Talon was still in the room. He was so quite I didn't even realize he was standing beside me. His long blond locks of hair dancing shy of his hazel eyes. His crooked smile made me mood lighten up a little. He came closer and rested his hands on my shoulders.

"I hope so." I mumbled not really feeling all that reassuring that everything would be just fine. Nothing will ever be just fine ever again. I know that much for a fact.

Talon brought me in for a tight hug. I closed my eyes and shook from anxiety and stress. "You should really lay down. You feel like you're legs are about to give out."

"I can't just lay down a Talon." I rolled my eyes pulling away to look up at him. "I have a dying mate-"

"Shhhh!!! Don't say that." He hushed me. My eyes grew wide with fear. "Don't ever say that about the alpha. You don't know who's truest on our side and who's not. I doubt anyone in here though is anything but on our side, but you never know Mia."

"I'm sorry. It's just how I feel about everything." I explained softly. "I'll lay down for a little while. When Elena and Vincent are back please tell me."

Talon nodded smiling gratifyingly that I agreed to rest a bit. I apprehensively walked to the living room throwing myself face first onto the cushions. Little did I know the true magnitude of how exhausted my body really was.

><><><><><><><><

"You have to tell her Matthew. You can't keep having this secret to yourself anymore. This has become bigger than we ever imagined." My eye lids felt heavy still but I didn't stir from where I was laying.

It was Kira's voice that I heard first. She sounded concern and desperate.

"I know, I know, but let's not be to rash here. I hadn't told anyone about this besides you and my beta because you know how dangerous this could actually be." I squinted to see the pair. They were stand just feet away from me and the base of the sofa. Matthew placed his hands on his mate's shoulder soothing the tension in her muscles. "If the wrong people find out about-"