Chapter Nineteen

Author's Note:

Okay, I was gonna have at least a week before I updated, but I just couldn't wait - I was too excited. Anyways, LETS TALK ABOUT CHAPTER EIGHTEEN. Man, some of y'all are seriously hating on poor Luke. Now we all know he's a bit of a stubborn kid and can occasionally be quite a dumbass, but I mean. Come on. Cut the poor kid some slack; he was literally just pushed out of the closet. Like. Headfirst. 
Okay, so enjoy Chapter Nineteen, haha :) If you're liking the story so far, leave a comment, because I aggressively refresh my wattpad until I have new comments (no, seriously, that's actually what I do all day) and then I squeal with delight at you guys' amazingness.
SORRY FOR THE REALLY LONG AUTHOR'S NOTE. I'LL SHUT UP NOW.

xoxo,
Q.

It’s been a week since I was ‘outed’ at school, and I haven’t spoken to Emery since. He’s left me countless voicemails, shown up at my house three times, and tried to corner me at school at least twice a day, but I haven’t let him get a word out of me.

It’s hard to admit, but I miss him so unbelievably much. And I hate that I do, because I know that right now, I should be angry with him.

And I am mad at him, but that doesn’t make me miss him any less.

You don’t have to be such a pussy about it.

In other news, the voice in my head that likes to be a total bitch has returned with full vigor. Any time I start feeling a little better, it’ll come shoot me down.

On the other hand, Gabe has been incredibly nice to me as of late.

Bryce and the rest of them haven’t given me another beatdown since the first day, but I’ve been pushed around in the hallways a lot. I think I’m their new ragdoll.

But, on the upside, because they have me to preoccupy them, they haven’t been harassing Toby and Drew as much. And if it means it’ll help the two of them, I’m glad to take anything my former teammates throw at me.

Nate and Jess have been really cool, too, especially Nate. He’s been as normal as ever—for lack of a better word—and actually gets angry and defensive when I get shoved against the lockers.

“Let it go, Nate.” I tell him.

He clenches his fists and stares after Tyler and Mike, who are snickering with each other.

“This is such bullshit. Like, a week ago, they were all kissing your feet.”

I chuckle a little at this. “Yeah, a lot can change in a week.”

Nate sighs. “This isn’t fair, Luke.”

I snort. “Tell me something I don’t know.”

“I’m serious.” Nate insists, as we enter the lunch line.

For some reason, Nate’s been meeting me outside of the Spanish classroom and we’ve been walking to lunch together for the past week. Maybe he thinks I’ll get ambushed if I’m on my own.

“Yeah, well, what do you want me to do about it?” I ask, not even paying attention to what’s going on my plate.

Nate ponders this for a moment, and we walk into the cafeteria, towards our usual table. “Why don’t you complain? You know, tell a teacher or something.”

I roll my eyes, setting my tray down on the table and sitting down. “Well, I told Mr. Sanchez, ‘cause he asked, and he said he was gonna talk to administration about it.”

“Wait, really?” Alana jumps into the conversation. “He’s actually gonna do something about it?”

I shrug. “He seemed pretty determined.”