Chapter Three

Mark parked the car and looked at me.
"Ok, Alex Jack and I can walk with you today, 'cuz we don't have to do anything." I smiled and grabbed my purse. I looked through it and found our badges. I handed them theirs and they stepped out of the car. I opened my door and stepped out, but I felt something grab my wrist. I looked back and saw my wrist covered in black ink.
"What the...Hey Mark, can you have a look at this?" Mark walked over and looked at my wrist.
"What happened?"
"I don't know, I got out of the car and suddenly my wrist is covered in ink." He shrugged and said its nothing.
---time skip back home at night---
"Night Mark!" I shouted before falling onto my soft bed. "Home sweet ho--" before I could finish my sentence I was already asleep.
*dream*
I woke up slowly in my bedroom and looked at the window. I shrugged and walked to the bathroom. When I came back there was a man on my window sill.
"Beautiful night. Am I wrong?"
"Who are you?"
"Heh, listen Alex, you may not care about your nightmares but I do." He turned and faced me. "I am a nightmare. The more fear you have in me, the stronger I get. I was able to be around you earlier today, but only in shadow form."
"So...were you the reason I had black ink on my wrist."
"Bingo, sweetheart." I blushed at the fact he called me sweetheart.
"D-Don't call me sweetheart."
"Why, you seem to like it."
"Well I don't."
"The blush on your cheeks indicates otherwise. Sweetheart."
"I..." I looked away and sat on my bed. "What's your name?"
"Anti."
"That's...actually a really nice name."
"Really?"
"Yeah..."
"Heh...well I'll see you around, you've given me power. See you at PAX tomorrow."
"I look forward to it, you being my nightmare...or not."