Was It That Asgardian Mead?

A/N: I'd like to start off by saying, yes this is my supposed 'I hit 10k' one-shot and well, I thought this was a pretty good-ish idea!

--

You are invited to; The Wedding of Thor Odinson and Jane Foster!
Join in the celebration of the wedding of our beloved King of Asgard, Thor Odinson and hers faithfully, Lady Jane Foster.
Where? Asgard, of course!
When? August 24th

And as if things weren't clear enough, Tony's jaw fell down to the ground and eyed the God of Thunder carefully with a hint of shock in his eyes. Pepper squealed right beside him, unable to control her excitement. She was the first to run to Jane, squeezing her tightly while screaming in a mantra: "Oh my God, Oh my God, I can't believe it!"

"Wait so you're getting married?!" Tony asked repetitively as Thor nodded his head in satisfaction. He still wasn't taking in the news that he was ready to settle down along with Jane in Asgard.

The Captain himself was the first to congratulate the couple. "I'm so happy for you two." He said, beaming with joy filled in his heart. Thor patted Steve's shoulders with a rough touch before announcing that he was his Best Man, or what they call it in Asgard - Most Wondrous Sir -.

"Will you accept this offer, Captain?" Thor looked at Steve with pleading eyes, as if he didn't want anyone else to be his Best Man.

Of course Steve hesitated but, he was quick to accept the offer and Thor was overjoyed; even more excited to tie the knot with his future wife.

"It's settled then. Steve will be my Best Man whilst Lady Darcy is Jane's Maid of Honor." Thor proclaimed to the Avengers. They clapped with happiness and Tony was the first to blurt out - as his usual self -.

"What do I do?" Tony sounded jealous. Pfft.

Thor touched his shoulder once more, "You, Stark are my groomsman. Along with the rest of the male Avengers and my friends in Asgard." Tony pretended to look flattered but soon realized all his lower ranking friends, all those under Steve of course, were the groomsmen.

Jane giggled, "and you girls are all my bridesmaids." They all giggled and squealed with excitement. Pepper led the girls - Natasha, Wanda, Darcy, Bobbi, Jane and Betty to the elevator, where they were gonna settle in for a girls night in, while the boys all sorted out everything else.

Thor sighed, "I must warn you good Captain, there are rules that come with being a Best Man,"

Steve looked at him in confusion, "What do you mean by that?"

"Every Asgardian Wedding has a tradition. A tradition which the Best Man always obeys." Thor stated and Steve looked at him with even more confusion. To make things easier, Thor had pulled out a large scroll with old English written on it.

- Whosoev'r is the groom's most wondrous sir hast to findeth his partn'r and soulmate via bridesmaids 'r maid of hon'r, unless that gent is did marry 'r all the bridesmaids art did marry [anoth'r ruleth; th're wilt beest one eligible bridesmaid]
- This wilt beest done in within approximately 48 hours bef're the wedding day 'r the most wondrous sir shall beest t'rminat'd from his position.
- The act of loveth cannot beest f'rced; this shows yond the most wondrous sir is not capable of loveth and is not w'rthy of the groom's presence.
- The act of loveth wilt beest pure and did fill with unconditional loveth; nay lust, nay greed, nay did hang'r, just pure loveth.
- The most wondrous sir hast the option to eith'r - date, receiveth engag'd 'r elope right hence with his significant oth'r.
- The bridesmaid 'r maid of hon'r wilt showeth h'r loveth and affection as equally as the most wondrous sir.