Chapter 12- Childs play

- x -

Daniel grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "Thanks" I whispered.

I shivered as a chill shook up through my body, this whole place was eery. Everything in sight had been destroyed. The witches were mad, I was eating out of the palm of there hand being here this was there territory.

"We shouldn't be here Daniel" I warned.

"Don't say that, we're here now we have to find Dee" He frowned.

I opened my mouth to tell him that I wasn't healing but I stopped myself, instead I sighed. "We have to be quick Daniel"

"Do you hear that" Daniel asked.

"Shit" I grabbed Daniels arm and pulled him towards the forest at the back of what used to be Imelda's house. We kept walking deeper into the forest being careful to stay quiet. Eventually we stopped hiding behind a tree each. It seemed like a lifetime standing still and quiet before we thought it was safe. There had been witches out there one of them looked familiar she'd been there torturing me in what had felt like a dream before.

Daniel took one step forward when he fell into a hole in the ground. Suddenly about 6 kids came running out from behind different trees. "We caught something" one of them shouted.

Nearly as soon Daniel fell in he had jumped back out. He looked between me and the kids, I just shrugged.

One of them looked at me and hissed. "Witch"

That same kid picked up a stick and hit my leg, the stick bent and I laughed.

"Hey, I'm not a bad guy" I laughed some more. "Do you think you kids could help us?"

Daniel scoffed. "We are not getting help off a bunch of kids Kit"

I ignored him. "I need you guys to believe me, I'm not with the witches, they want me dead, can you please help us hide for a while"

The one that hit me with a stick narrowed his eyes at me "Fine"

A girl came over to me and grabbed my hand "You can be my friend" she smiled.

The boy that had hit me with a stick turned to me "Stay quiet"

The girl holding my hand stuck her tongue out at him "Don't mind him, he's just scared of the witches we don't want to help them and they want us to join them so they have more magic"

"More magic?" I asked

"We're witches too" she frowned "or we were before they killed us"

"I'm sorry" I said giving her hand a little squeeze.

She smiled weakly "It's ok, its just gotten so bad around here recently and I miss my Mom she always knew what to do"

"Was your Mom a witch too" I asked

"Yeah I used to live with her here and I don't really remember my Dad, my Mom said he was human and didn't come with us here" she looked at me with big eyes "You would have liked my Mom she was the prettiest and nicest lady" she frowned again "you were standing in what was left of our house before the mean witches started destroying everything and being crazy"

I shook my head "I was standing where Imelda's house used to be"

"That was my MOM" she shouted happily.

The boy looked back at her "Shut it Emily your gonna get us caught"

"Sorry" she whispered.

"I never knew she had a daughter, your Mom was amazing and she helped me so much in the past" I whispered

The boy stopped in front of a big tree "Come on" with that he slid down under the ground.

Daniel walked ahead to look down to where the boy disappeared shrugged and slid down into the ground, the rest of the kids followed. I jumped down landing with a thump. Emily grabbed my hand leading me to her bed. "This is where I sleep, its so comfy" she yawned getting under the covers "Your gonna be a great Mom too"

I laughed "Not for ages"

"They're in your tummy though" she frowned

That was when I felt sick. I swallowed letting myself feel what she had just said and realising she was right. I was pregnant, but I was pregnant in the real world and now that I was here I hadn't just put my life in danger I'd put my childs life in danger.

                                                                    - X -

Sorry this has taken forever and that this is short.

Hope you enjoy it anyway.

Much Love xo