Ch.9: I loose my hood

Percy's pov

I always thought prophecies were suppost to rhyme. guess I was wrong. the hall room had been silent until I said that I though prophecies were suppost to rhyme. now everyone was starring at me like I grew two heads. I guess thoughs weren't the right words to say. Jason turned to me and said "do you know what that prophecy is, it's the third great prophecy-" I nodded, but apperantly he wasn't done "this is serious" he added. I looked around this was ridiculous. these people need to seriously lighten up a bit.

Before I could say anything Zeus stood up and said "we shall not dwell on what the new prophecy will mean. we need to focus on finding these three people that will save us." I looked around, from what I new there wasn't a child of Poseidon except me. Yet again they don't know I'm a child of Poseidon either. Annabeth looked around before saying to Zeus "there's no child of Poseidon though, of course except Percy, but you know." she said uncomfortable. Zeus nodded the said " we shall find this daughter of Athena and her friend then we will focus on finding this child of Poseidon." Everyone nodded satisfied with his answered, then the meeting was adjourned. I looked back and saw Zeus talking with Poseidon. when they found out who I was they were in for a nasty surprise.

I walked away from the mess hall depressed. who knows, if I'm the son of Poseidon that's in the third great prophecy, I may be the person to die. but I honestly didn't want to think about it. to get my mind off the prophecy I went t the sword arena to slash apart some dummies.

As I walked into the arena I was attacked by a giant ball of black fuzz. I tried to squirm out from under the giant mass but that just made it worse. the thing on top of me started licking me like crazy and whimpered too. I managed to crawl away from the black ball of fur and only then did I realize what attacked me. Not just what but who, Mrs. O'Leary. I laughed, after all this time she still remembered me.

I forgot all about sword fighting and instead took the afternoon off and played catch the Greek with Mrs. O'Leary. while I was playing with Mrs. O'Leary some people came into sword fight and when they saw me playing with the dog they looked at me weird. I would give them a look that simple said what are you looking at and they would quickly walk away.

I was so into playing with Mrs. O'Leary that when the conch horn blew Death had to come in find me. When he walked into the arena he had just enough time to brace him self for the weight of Mrs. O'Leary. When Mrs. O'Leary hit him he went "humph" before hitting the ground. He started laughing when she licked his face.

Once Mrs. O'Leary got off Death, Death turned to me "dinner time" he said. I petted Mrs. O'Leary one last time, knowing that I wouldn't have time to play with her for a while.

Death and I ran up to the mess hall. we barely made it but we managed to get there right before the Aphrodite cabin did. I sat down right as the nymphs started to bring our food out. the past few days I haven't seen Grover eat at the mess hall, but today I guess he decided to, Rachel was also eating in the mess hall.

while we were eating Chiron told us the news of the prophecy. "campers," he started "we have heard the third great prophecy." murmur went up, Chiron signaled for everyone to quiet down "the prophecy goes like this

three immortals shall rise again

planned revenge till their last breath

daughter of athena with a friend shall help the son of the sea

one must fall at a great ones hand

to save the land that is loved the most

the power of three they must with stand

or the world will fall to the enemies hand"

the room went into chaos "what son of the sea," "which daughter of Athena." then out of no were Zeus bellowed "SILENCE." everyone went quiet, then Thief raised his hand. Zeus looked over at us along with everyone else. Zeus nodded to Thief to talk, " I thought prophecies were suppost to rhyme" he said, I nodded to. Zeus sighed and Annabeth spoke up "only the last to phrases of the prophecy are suppost to rhyme." me and Thief looked at each other and said "ohhhhh."

the room was quiet before some one else said "who's is the son of the sea, the only person that was a son of Poseidon, well he left, so uh who is it?" everyone nodded along with him. Grover looked up and then narrowed his eyes and that's when I new......... he smelt me.

I tried to not look him in the eye and I did a great job of it. Grover of course had to open his mouth "I don't know," he said "but I smell him." everyone started to look around the room.

I got up along with the other people at my table and then all eyes landed on us. I tried to sneak out with the other guys but we were pulled back in by a bunch of Ares kids. Chiron trotted up with the gods. the gods looked each of use over and then Athena said "may I choose the first person we uncloak." Zeus nodded.

At some point during this little exchange everyone was in a circle around use. Grover came into the circle and whispered something to Athena. Athena nodded and headed straight for me. she came up and looked at me, she reached for my hood and I new, this was the time, I had to show my identity. I let her put her hand an inch away from my cloak before I swiftly pulled it down before she could.

there was a collected group of gasps. and I new they new exactly who I was. the only person who dare said my name was Annabeth "Percy."

I quickly turned and ripped off Nicos and Travis's hoods, if I was going down they were coming down with me. After I ripped off their hoods it was a domino affect all the way till there was no hoods to pull down.

everyone just stood, they stood there starring. probably not believing their eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

must read, very important:

I decided to add this chapter and I todays question is still the question from chapter 8. in the last chapter I had one line from the prophecy say the power of three the heroes must over come but I changed it to the power of three the heroes must with stand, just in case anyone was confused. and 1,133 reads 42 votes and 29 comments :D thanks guys

vote, comment, read

love ya demigods

love, theoneyouseek33