His Bocchan, Troubled

His aura was overwhelming, peeking through the glass door of his office as his vermillion eyes travelled to meet mine, after I buzzed in and asked for entry.

"Good Morning, Phantomhive." That low baritone called. Opening the door fully, and beckoning me to enter.

"And to you, too, Michaelis." I answered, masking the peculiar effect that his presence seems to bring about, every single time.

I strode directly towards the wide wooden table situated by the middle of the grandeur office, acting as if being in a secluded room, alone with him does not bother me the slightest bit. As I leaned back comfortably against the table, crossing my arms over my narrow chest, I felt his eyes on me, scanning me from head to toe. As I again, tried not to squirm uncomfortably under that intense gaze, absolutely abhorring the feel of uneasiness that was clouding my composure, as of then.

A black V-neck shirt under a grey Hugo Boss wool coat, black dress pants and polished black shoes to match, was my attire for that day. Michaelis was again wearing a well-fitted suit, charcoal black and probably Jeff Banks, with a red tie a few shades darker than his garnet orbs.

"Have you thought about my offer?" He asked with anticipation evident in those eyes, standing a few feet away from where I currently am.

"Yes, I have." Was my short response, thankfully coming out as confident as I willed it.

"And your answer is?" He appeared to be holding his breath, searching my face for any clue of what would my answer be.

"I've decided that... I'm in need of a more thorough convincing." I blurted out, watching Michaelis' eyes squint with confusion.

"Pardon?"

"If you truly want this merger, then you would have to do more than present me with facts and papers. My company have yet to merge with any other companies before and I will be putting my people to a massive risk if I do not think of this thoroughly." Michaelis eagerly nodded his head, eyes blinking rapidly while slowing cutting the distance between us.

"Yes, I perfectly understand that. And believe me, I will do whatever it takes for you to agree to this merger." This merger means that much to him? My work will be easier than I thought it'd be.

"Anything? Just for me to agree?" A smirk crept its way across my face, especially as he visibly stiffen before my eyes, flooding me with the familiar sense of power over someone who I daren't say, intrigued me like no one else had.

Michaelis gulped a few times before reluctantly nodding his head, finally realizing what he's got himself into as he studied the smirk upon my face. Unfortunately for him, it is now too late to back out on his words..

"Well, then.. First, I wish to stay here until you can prove to me that your company is worthy enough to be merged with mine."

"Would that really be necessary? I can drop by your office from time to time." He answered, clearly opposed to the idea of seeing me every working day.

"Well how are you supposed to convince me at such a distance? Remember that you need a whole hell of a lot to get me agreeing to this merger, Michaelis." I was answered by a huff, those crimson eyes narrowing with distress as they bore onto mine.

"Is this still about the events before our lunch the other day? Then fine. I apologize about being a rude asshole, your friend owned up to his mistakes and cleared your name." He explained, looking all genuinely guilty yet slightly annoyed.