Chapter 5

Chapter 5

My smile had instantly fell off my face resiting to give a frown at the mention of his name. If she hadn't mentioned his name of all guys on this planet, then I wouldn't have made an excuse to leave. His name shows up everywhere like he's a living being that's haunting me. That can't be though, because I hadn't ever in my life known him, or even met him until today. But there's something in the pit of my stomach telling me other wise, and I've got a feeling that Ryan has something to do with this.

I pulled into the driveway of my new place. Before I got out of the car I made sure to pop the trunk so that I could get my things out of there. As I was walking to the back of the car I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I jumped, startled, because I hadn't heard anyone walking behind me. The pair of arms had immediately dropped from my sides, and when I turned around I seen Ryan holding up his arms as if in surrender. I scowled, irritated that I didn't hear him. Irritated about a lot of things.

“Whoa, whats got your panties in a twist?” he asked grabbing a bag from the trunk.

“When did you come out here? I didn't even hear the door creak, or you footsteps for that matter.” the tone in my voice must have sounded really nasty, because he was giving me a dirty look.

“I just got out here, and you don't have to talk to me like that. I didn't do anything to make you angry.” he stated.

“Sorry, there's just this guy that's making me really pissed off. It's like he's always there but, today was my first time meeting him.” I stated trying to think back past the last two days. My head buzzed threatening to give me a head ache if I didn't stop trying. It was like I could think back to my memories from the past two days, but it kept skipping something. From the time I stepped into the club, and from there it's just a big gap from when we left. I don't understand what's making me forget. I shook my head out of frustration not hearing a word of what Ryan just said.

“Hellooo.” he snapped his fingers in front of my face trying to get my attention.

“What?” I said pushing his hands away.

“Wow you must really hate this guy.” he pointed out, “What's his name anyways?” he asked out curiosity.

I somehow knew what his reaction would be when I said his name. “Andrew.” His name spilled out of my mouth like a bad after taste.

“W-what?” he sputter out. I squinted my eyes at him as if doing that would make me see the truth. Does he know him? Maybe.

“I said his name is Andrew. Why do you know him?” I asked taking a few steps closer, challenging him to lie to me.

“No...” I looked to his hands, but he hid them behind his back as if he was trying to hide the twitching of his hands from me. So instead I looked to his lips, and saw the corner of his lip twitch.

“Lair.” I said grabbing my bags and walking away from him. I stormed up the porch steps and opened the front door. The inside of the house was pitch black. I stopped in my tracks looking for the light switch. As I ran my hand over the wall I found the switch, and brushed my hand up along with the switch. As the lights came on I could see an open Stephen King book on the table. Ryan came in a few minutes after me carrying the rest of my bags with him.

“Okay, so maybe I do know him, but I don't want-”

“What were you doing in here?” I asked. He had just said that he had come out of the house so why were all the lights off?

“Reading, why?” he asked as if it was the most weirdest question I had asked all day.

“In the dark?” my forehead wrinkled as I scrunched my face waiting for an answer.