6)

"Ex's and Oh's" by Elle King

Dedicated to Vampire2468 for the amazing fan art of Hermes!! I absolutely love it! <3

******************************

I felt groggy the next morning as I struggled to pull myself awake. My head was aching while my eyes were too tired to fully open. I was bound to have a massive hangover after the night before.
My eyes remained closed as I snuggled underneath my pillow while silently wishing my alarm had woken me up sooner. I had things to do today. There were a couple receipts I had to have written off for work, not to mention, I would also have to make sure my gown from the gala was returned. Granted, these weren't terribly important tasks to accomplish, but I always liked to be one step ahead. I also had to remember coffee creamer. Isla had used the last of the vanilla creamer for a cookie recipe the day before.
I suddenly had a bad feeling I went to sleep wearing the gorgeous gown that both Isla and Bernie had made me promise to take spectacular care of. As I tiredly patted my stomach in a tired, hungover bid to see how wrinkled I got the dress, I found I felt only my bare skin. I was naked. Soon, I felt an arm on me. It was tightly wound over my waist. That caused my eyes to fly wide open in surprise.

The arm belonged man who saved me from those three drunken individuals the night before.

Ajax.

He was fast asleep. His bronze-colored head gently laid on a large pillow towards my direction. His strong arm was tightly wound around my waist, almost as though he had been trying to keep me close to him all night long. He was shirtless while I was naked. The memory of last night slowly came back to me in bits and pieces, startling me that not only did we have sex, we it did it more than once to my recollection. It was three or four times. All I could really remember was that we enjoyed the company with each other so very much, when we weren't passionately engrossed with getting tangled up within the sheets, we simply held each other. Very briefly, I could remember Ajax even kept mumbling to me in another language entirely.

I blushed finding Ajax was completely nude as well. Not only that, but the man also looked completely model-worthy and positively gorgeous from his sun-kissed skin to the well-defined muscles over his stomach and arms. I tried not to stare at his entire length of his naked body but found it rather difficult.

I blushed deeper as I slowly lay the cover back over him. My hazel-green eyes went wide as I realized that after the passionate night with this perfect stranger, I didn't even know his last name.

My eyes started to well with irrational tears as I realized I had no idea what I would say to him when he woke up. As I looked around, I found we were in a lavish condo that looked too beautiful and scenic to possibly be real. Even as a gentle wave of light filtered into the room, there was no ordinary window shining light into the very large bedroom that looked bigger the entire first floor of my family home. This room looked like it was inside an aquarium.

Strangely, the bedroom that was complete with a built-in living room and library seemed to be underwater. A brilliantly colorful display of coral reefs was beside the glass as small fish gently swam around it. Even a decent sized red octopus was near as it gracefully made its way under a rock. Granite countertops coated the desks as gold seemed to be the theme for both the bed frame and other things around the room. I blinked stupidly a couple times to process this amazingly beautiful yet expensive looking room. It was impossible to believe that we shared an intimate night with sea creatures right outside the room. That seemed both creepy and amazing all in one.

Just as I tried to move slowly away from the bed, Ajax's strong arm tightened around my waist as he shuffled closer to me on the bed. He was still fast asleep; his lean yet muscular body radiated warmth as he snuggled me closer to him. Her bare chest pressed against me as he yawned. I could feel the beginning of his five o'clock shadow tickling my bare chest as he fell back asleep. I didn't dare move a muscle. Ajax's head lay half on and half off a pillow as he looked utterly comfortable nestled by both me and the pillow beneath him. His handsome body shuddered gently. Ajax inhaled and then exhaled deeply. "Jasmine..." he mumbled, his well-chiseled lips twitching in a light smile.

Jasmine? So much for his not having a significant other.

That was what caused me to silently hate myself. I just helped this horrible – yet handsome - jerk cheat on someone named Jasmine. Why oh why did I go to that gala last night!? I stared up at the ceiling while feeling there was no way God or Jesus was going to forgive for this. After a good ten minutes of making sure Ajax remained in a full slumber, I very carefully removed myself from his grasp while replacing my waist with a pillow for him to hold. It was one foot and then another out of bed after that.
I had to make sure I didn't trip. The last thing I needed was for him to wake up while I tripped over the floor in my birthday suit.

Once I was completely free was when I took a moment to awkwardly remove a tangled sheet on the floor to drape around my naked body. The next difficult part was trying to locate my clothes that seemed to be miscellaneously scattered throughout the place. One heel was almost under the bed while the other was strewn on the lovely golden granite countertop. My dress was crumpled on the ground and my strapless bra seemed to have been torn off in our tornado of passion. As I fully dressed myself as quietly as possible, I was thankful Ajax was such a heavy sleeper. I felt relieved upon being dressed and ready to go while he was still asleep. Before I was able to fully leave, my stomach dropped upon the realization that I did not have any panties on.

I didn't have time to keep looking for them. Not if I wanted to make an escape before Ajax awoke. It felt unscrupulous and scandalous to leave without saying anything, but I tiptoed out of the room and down the hall, trying to ignore my feelings until I left. It was difficult trying to remember where the exit was. There were too many rooms in this underwater wonderland.

Finally, I found the front hall that led to the grand doorway. I was very close to making it out the massive twelve-foot door that led to the elevator, but someone caught my eye and caused me to freeze. A young man who looked to be in his early twenties sat on top of the breakfast bar, his jean clad legs dangling off the bar.
He bit into a breakfast sandwich of a biscuit with sausage, egg, and cheese. I could have sworn the young man had not been at the bar when I had first gotten out of the long hallway from Ajax's room a few seconds previously.
The young man had unruly blonde hair that was on the verge of shaggy. His pretty hazel eyes watched me carefully, studying me as if I was some exotic creature he had never seen before. He chewed slowly, raising an eyebrow. It was only after swallowing his bite of food did he speak.

"You're not Ajax," he noted, taking another bite of food and munching slowly as he continued to watch me.

"N-no," I stuttered, feeling completely embarrassed this stranger caught me sneaking out of Ajax's bedroom. I wasn't expecting a friend of his to witness my walk of shame.
The shaggy-haired blonde smiled, a dimple on his left cheek showing while doing so. He held out a rather large bag beside him on the counter with the hand that was not holding his sandwich. "Well, I'm Hermes. Hungry?"

I plucked up my purse that was strewn over a nearby teal-green couch. I awkwardly waved my hand while my head did a strange bobble towards the door to indicate I was leaving. "N-no thank you."

She hurried towards the door with the stranger still watching you. He took a massive bite of sandwich that he seemed to regret taking because it permitted him from speaking. "Wuh soud I tell Ajax for why you left?" The young man asked, only sounding audible during the last part of his question as he swallowed his food.

"Uh...Let's not mention this," I mumbled, "Nice-to-meet-you," I added in hastily and stupidly, hurrying out the massive golden doors not saying another word out of utter embarrassment. Even as I ran for the elevators with my heels and purse in hand, I could swear I heard the blond guy laughing in amusement.

***