Epilogue

February 14, 2016

"Do you, Harry Edward Styles, take Louis William Tomlinson for your lawful wedded husband, to live in the holy estate of matrimony?  Will you love, honour, comfort, and cherish him from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto him for as long as you both shall live?" the preacher stated, holding the worn out, leather covered Bible in his wrinkled hands.  The pages were yellowed and torn, matching the man's own aged appearance.

He narrowed his eyes through his glasses at Harry, who stood there, holding his soon-to-be husband's smooth hands.  Harry never felt so giddy and loved, and Louis never looked so beautiful.  He was dressed in a white tux with a light blue tie, for their wedding colours were blue and white.  His hair was slicked back instead of its normal fringed style.  He noticed the tears building in the corners of Louis's eyes, but they were happy tears, of course.  Harry gazed at his lover and wondered what he ever did to deserve such an amazing man.

"I do," Harry said, grinning.

"Louis William Tomlinson, do you take Harry Edward Styles for your lawful wedded husband, to live in the holy estate of matrimony?  Will you love, honour, comfort, and cherish him from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto him for as long as you both shall live?" the preacher continued, thoughtfully watching Louis, whose stare remained fixed on Harry's.

"I do," Louis breathed out.  Harry squeezed Louis's hands tighter, rubbing his thumb over his.  

The preacher nodded at Harry.  "Repeat after me.  'I, Harry Edward Styles—"

"I, Harry Edward Styles, take thee Louis William Tomlinson, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honour, and cherish, 'til death do us part, and thereto I plight thee my troth," Harry interrupted.  

After having attended countless weddings throughout his childhood, those words had been engraved into Harry's brain, threaded through his thoughts permanently.  He didn't need the preacher to say them and have him echo them back.  He knew them himself, without help.

Then Louis repeated the same lines, smiling like an idiot the entire time, but Harry loved him anyway.  Louis was his idiot.  Louis was always his idiot and no one else's, but now Louis was legally his idiot, and only his, and he was never going to let him go.  He loved Louis will everything he had, and every fiber of his being strove to make him happy.  

After Louis and Harry exchanged rings, sliding the silver bands on each other's fingers, Louis beamed and Harry smirked.  He knew what was coming next.

"You may now seal the promises you have made with each other with a kiss."

Harry's lips collided with Louis's, and there was immediate clapping and cheering around them from their family and closest friends.  So many feelings were carved into that single kiss; adoration, want, craving, longing, desire and—most importantly—love.

* * *

The day that Louis and Harry took their eldest child home was the most exciting day of their lives.  After having been married for three years, they decided it was time to make an addition to their family.  They both easily agreed to adopt a boy, and after months of background checks and adoption forms, they were finally allowed to bring home their baby boy; Elijah Carter Styles-Tomlinson.

That breezy Autumn night, Harry held open the door for his husband, who held Elijah with such a loving sparkle in his eyes.  The baby was six months old and had such defined characteristics that strangely matched up with Louis and Harry's.  He had defined blue eyes, like Louis's, which resembled that of a deep and unexplored ocean.  Elijah also had thin curly hair, like Harry's, and it was soft to the touch and feather-like.  Their baby boy emitted faint little squeaking noises as he was carried into their house.