13

"No, you can't go." Damon put an arm in front of Lynn as she took a step forward about to follow Ric, as they carried out their plan to get in the house. "They'll recognise you. Let Ric go alone." Lynn sighed, and didn't bother putting up a fight since she knew he was right. She turned her head towards her dad, and nodded once at him telling him to go do his part. He glanced back to Damon, silently pleading to keep her safe, and then turned on his heel and made his way towards the building. "Come on." He grabbed Lynn's arm, and started pulling her towards the other side of the house.

They waited, patiently, for a few minutes, before Lynn began to grow worried. She started biting her nails, and quickly glanced around in all and any directions. Damon noticed how fidgety she had become, and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Hey. It's gonna be okay." He whispered to her, in case any other vampires heard him.

"But what if he's already dead?" She asked him, slightly louder than she had wanted to, and then she really started to panic. "Oh, my God." She muttered, as she ran her fingers through her hair. "He could be dead right now, and I wouldn't even know. Those monsters could be sucking him dry right now, and we're just out here hoping--"

She was cut off by Damon whisper-yelling her name and his hands on either side of her face. "It's okay." He told her, looking her straight in the eye. "He's still alive. Trust me." Lynn looked at him, skeptically at first, and then realised that he could probably hear what was going on inside the house. She nodded at him, and then turned to face the door they were waiting outside. Not a whole minute passed when the door swung open to reveal Ric, holding onto Miss Gibbons' arm. Relief flooded through Lynn like a tidal wave, and her hand went to the inside of her jacket, gripping onto her stake.

"--invite a friend of mine, inside." Ric had just finished talking, as he pushed the woman into the centre of the doorway. She didn't hesitate as she apologised and told them that she wasn't allowed to let him in. "Yeah, I know but you're gonna have to make an exception." Ric tried to reason with her, and Damon was growing tired, of his shenanigans.

"Get her out of the house." As he said this, Lynn knew what he was going to do. Ric practically threw the woman outside, as Lynn stepped inside, fully pulling her stake out of her inside pocket. She quietly muttered Ric's name and he turned to her. Pulling him into a quick hug, she heard Damon asking the woman outside questions that seemed rather random.

"I'm glad you're safe." Lynn whispered to her dad, as she left go of him. He sent her a grateful smile, and turned back to Damon as a soft thud was heard. Damon walked into the house, and Ric looked behind to find the limp body of Miss Gibbons.

"You were supposed to compel her." He told the vampire, grabbing his arm, stopping him from going any further. Lynn scoffed at his eagerness to save anyone and everyone. She was being fed on, constantly, by the tomb vampires. Lynn looked at it as a way of putting it out her misery, no longer having to play the act of a walking blood bag.

"It doesn't work that--" He began explaining himself, in a rushed whisper.

"She was human." Ric argued, talking slightly louder than needed.

"And I'm not." Damon retorted. "So I don't care." Lynn looked at him from the corner of her eye, refusing to believe he was really this heartless. She had to admit, he was a decent guy - when he sort of cared and acted with somewhat humanity - but this wasn't a Damon she could get used to. "Now get out of here." He was still whispering, pushing Ric out of the doorway. "Get rid of the body." Ric did as told, and Damon turned around to come face to face with an empty kitchen - with the exception of the dead body that Ric had left lying on the ground.

"Dammit, Lynn." Closing the door behind him, quietly, he quickly stepped to the side and began his search for both Stefan, and Lynn.