Chapter 17

Once Goliath and I were dressed we walked towards the village, up ahead. Goliath had convince me that Anne and her daughter would fine my book. Both of them didn't know where the book was or where it could be. All I could do was leave it up to them while Goliath and I go into town to fine information. I knew that I shouldn't leave until I found the book but everyone thought differently.

"Are you alright?" Goliath asked when we reached the gate leading into the town.

"We should go back," I told him staring at feet.

"You're not alone Barbara. Trust us," I glanced upward towards him to see conserve on his face. The moment I felt hope, I quickly turned away. The more I looked at this man the more I felt the uneasy ache of love and lust in my heart. He was pulling on strings I didn't even know I had and now... I don't know.

It wasn't them I didn't trust but myself. "It's not like that," I said softly making my way down the dirt road streets.

"Then what is it?" he asked catching up to me.

I have to change the subject before I say something stupid, "Where's the Bar?"

"What?"

"Where can we drink beer?"

"Beer?" He said blinking a few times before looking around. "Right over there," I said pointing down the road.

"Then let's go," I said leaving his side.

"You didn't answer my question!"

How could I, I thought.

I didn't pay any attention to him as I made my way to the bar. It was such a funny looking bar, it was like I just walked into a saloon. Swinging doors, men drinking and eating on big round tables, some playing card games. A stage and a piano on the other side of the room. And a bar on the one side of the room next to a hallway. This was so weird.

The moment I walked through the swinging doors everyone stop and stared and those who didn't pay attention were pointed to then notice me, like I needed that. Did women normally not walk into these kinds of places?

From behind me I could hear Goliath's loud feet it the wooden steps and into the saloon like bar. He stood behind me as I looked around for a table to sit and there it was. In the middle of the room close to the wall. That shouldn't be too bad, I thought making my way there. Goliath followed and I noticed the disguise in some of the people faces as we past them.

It's not like Goliath was ugly or disfigure, he was the opposite. He was very tall, had big muscle, wide shoulder with a small waist. His butt have been small but it was a cute butt. His size... I'm still waiting to see what kind of package he has. And we can forget his face. He was handsome, high cheekbones, long hair but not too long, five o'clock shadow, and the most beautiful eyes have ever seen. They were- "Barbara?"

"Yes," I spoke quickly not realizing that we were seated down and I was staring at his face.

He smiled, "are you alright?"

"Yes," I return the smile as I waved my hand up for the bartender to notice me to take my order and answer some questions. When he finally noticed me a smiled and put my hand down. Frim all the movies and books have been and read, you always find answers in a bar. "Keep your ears out for any information that can be useful," I leaned over the table and whispered towards Goliath.

He nodded his head but before we knew it the people that were sitting around us started to move or leave. I glanced over towards Goliath but he didn't seem to pay any attention. His head was down low, staring at his hands that were on the table, together in a fist.