Chapter 19

Runningwish watched Shrewstep walk away, his tail droopinga little in dissapointment. Runningwish sighed and turned to the medicine cat den.
Would they be sleeping?

Runningwish would feel guilty if she disrupted their sleep... She shook her head and decided to go hunting.

We must always feed the clan.

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*

She jumped up and knocked a squirrel off of a tree. It tumbled around in a flurry, its mind dazed by the warriors blow.

"Gotcha!" Runningwish purred as she pounced on it and killed it with a sharp bite. Her ears pricked to hear paw steps on the soft leaves of the forest floor, they sounded very quiet, like the cats weren't supposed to be there.

Runningwish abandoned the prey by her pile and clawed her way up a tree. She blanced on a thin branch, making it bend down at her weight.

She wasn't that far from the camp and didn't trust these cats.

Their scent came to her as the wind changed.

It was Shadowclan!

Just before she could pounce down for a suprise attack, she heard a loud and familiar yowl come from camp.

Her brother, Voleeye, bursted out of the camp entrance with about five other cats with him. The Shadowclan cats fur fluffed up with panic. How had Voleeye known they were there?

Runningwish took their shock as a moment of opportunity. She leapt down and dug her thorn sharp claws into the first cat she could reach. He hissed in pain and rolled to try and disloge her.

Voleeye, Rednose, Ashwing, Vineclaw, and Goldensky bursted into the fight. They each got entangled into a flurry of fur with any available Shadowclan cat they could get to.

All the warriors stopped when they heard a loud yowl.

"Stop this at once! Shadowclan has only come to speak with Thunderclan!" Thistlestar snarled menacingly. Vineclaw nudged Voleye to go retrieve Greystar. The brown tom took off back to camp.

"Why have you come with so many warriors if you only wish to talk?" Vineclaw demanded, his eyes nothing more than slits of hostility.

Thistlestar held his fierce gaze with respect.

"That is none of your concern."