"So, what was it that you wanna tell me again?"

"Yes, about that. I... I just wanna see you that's all. There was really nothing urgent going on in the first place." He grinned as my cheeks flared to complete redness.

"Wait, what? Are you serious?"

"Depends though, do you want me to be?" he leaned on to my face so close, that our lips almost touch if I lean on just a little more.

I was dead. My heart was racing too loud, I was scared that he could hear it beating through my chest. "Um... I seriously do not know how to answer this question so I'm just gonna-"

Clayton laughed. He leaned back to where he was before then he rubbed a finger to one of his eyes, as if that was so funny that it made him cry. "You should've seen the look on your face. Oh, Leslie that was priceless. I was just messing with you."

I watched him finish laughing with an embarrassed look, he really did got me there.

"Okay, okay. There was really something urgent to talk about, actually." His tone sounded a little more serious than before.

"And what is that?"

"That will all be revealed if you prepare me something to eat. I'm very starving right now."

"Well... Um sure, what would you like me to prepare for you then?"

His beautiful smile stayed on his even more beautiful face the whole time he was talking to me, "I'd like anything you prepare."

"A-alright." What is wrong with you, Leslie? Why are you so nervous in front of a person you met a few days ago.

I decided to serve him my mother's instant lasagna, since she's quite fond of me liking them so much, she decided to prepare me a few batches to heat up so I wouldn't find it hard to make dinner myself.

Clayton was playing with his phone while I was in the kitchen, then he sniffed his nose as if he sensed something delicious when I got back, cute.

"Ah, Leslie, my love. Is that lasagna I smell? Tell me you didn't just heat it up from the oven did you?"

"Yeah, this is all I have for now, my mother's out of town so she prepared me a few batches of her famous beef lasagna so I can heat it up and chew on them instantly. You don't mind, do you?"

"Hahaha, not at all, Leslie. Come give me some of that juicy looking beef lasagna you're carrying."

He ate everything as slow as he could,  and he looked like as if he enjoyed every bite of it. My mother's lasagna does bring joy and satisfaction to all those around eating them.

"Mm mm that was the best beef lasagna I've had for a while. I haven't had a home-cooked meal in ages."

"Don't thank me, thank my incredibly talented mother, she's the one behind all the delicacy you just enjoyed."

"Well, then I guess I will thank her personally once she gets back."

I nodded politely. So he is planning on another visit, how wonderful.

We shared an awkward silence for a while, then he blurted out, "How about you come over to my penthouse tonight at 10 and I'll tell you about that urgent thing I mentioned about earlier?"

He just invited me to his penthouse, again. This boy sure likes to keep me hanging.

"What? I thought you were gonna tell me once I prepared you something to eat!"

"Well, I didn't promise, did I? Don't be late now, 10 pm sharp." he winked at me as he marched himself towards the door.

My mind was overflowing with curiosity. What is this boy up to, actually? Why did he, out of all people show up at my apartment, telling me he has something urgent to say, but then ends up having a free-loaded meal then postponing that he would tell the real urgent deal by inviting me to his penthouse so late at night?

I guess there is only one way to find out.

HEEEY YOU GUISEE!
This was by fare one of the longest chapters we've ever written. We'd really like to make it up to you (again) for our past hiatus last week :)

We wanted to write longer, but we were kind of scared that some of you aren't quite used to reading too long so we decided to keep you guys hanging, just like Clayton. #whoops

So, how are you guys enjoying the story so far? Please inform us if there is any grammatical errors on this one, we worked so hard on our plot to be as interesting as possible. Your feedbacks mean so much to us!♡

Please support us by clicking on the vote button down below, if you guys don't mind, that is.

Also we'd like to thank you for not rushing us to keep updating, because writing is hard work, you guys. We hope you understand c:

Anyways, we'll update again soon.

From the writters that like to keep you hangin',

ABB&JC