SANDY MURRY [LUKE/FLUFF]

Being with him had been one of the best decisions of your life. Not that there had been many negative ones before he had come along. It was sunshine and rainbows after the much needed storm of emotions that creased through your lives. At least that's what he told you after every fight. Because every fight was supposed to shape you as a person, (which he later told you it was something he had read in a couple's therapy book that he claimed was working wonders. Naturally, you disagreed because most usually you just reminded him that you were in love with him and he was a sappy puppy all over again—Love, who can blame the kid).

He was ghost-like finger dances along your brown skin, the teasing tug of your tight curls, and then fluttering kiss against your eye lids after he had complimented the hazel of them.

The tour had them in New York and this meant you two were able to spend some time together, in your own bed.

He had crawled through the fire escape window in Los Angeles when the need to sneak in because of your parents was present. To keep the romance alive, he had climbed nearly sixty floors to meet you in your hotel room and crawled through the fire escape window.

Back in Los Angeles, everything had started out innocent. How much he had missed you, the initial conversation that transpired because he had rode fourteen miles on his bike to see you. And then, naturally, it would switch when the two of you realized he had to go and you had to pretend like there had never been a boy in your room in the first place.

Back to being in New York and with Luke.

"Sara," His voice was soft, teeth skimming over the top of your ear. You groaned in annoyance and pushed at his face. "Sara."

This time, the pronunciation of your name had longer vowels, a long 'r' sound, and a hissed 's'. You huffed and pushed at his face again, moving his lips away from your ear when he tried to bite down on your lobe.

"Five minutes, Luke, just five minutes," You begged and turned your body, giving him a desperate look. "And then we can fulfill your sadistic need to eat Chinese at one in the morning."

"The best Chinese restaurants open at midnight," Luke mumbled and then pushed himself up, dragging your body to the edge of the bed. "Baby, please. I really want our first night in New York to be substantially memorable."

"Then why can't we wake up at a reasonable time to do tourist things?" You questioned and tore yourself from the bed anyway because Luke was bound to get whatever he wanted. Being with Luke on tour was a rare occurrence since you were a full-time student. "Times Square, questionable McDonalds, and kiss in front of the jumbo screen."

Luke rolled his eyes at you and pulled his jeans up his legs and then held out his hand. You sighed and took it, allowing him to pull you close to his chest. He cupped your face and made you look at him, your lips in a dramatic pout.

"Because that's totally lame, babe," Luke told you and then broke away in search of a shirt. You huffed and grabbed your shirt, pulling it over your head.

It was hard for you to say no to Luke, Especially when he was so obnoxiously excited to get Chinese food from a sketchy restaurant. Luke took your hand as the two of you walked.

"Take it in, baby," Your boyfriend told you and outstretched his hands, inhaling heavily. "Don't you smell it?"

"Late night murder and a homeless man mugging another homeless man? Because if that's what you were referring to then, yes, I do smell it," You answered bitterly and crossed your arms over your chest. Luke sent you an annoyed look and shoved his hands into the pockets of his jacket. "I'm really tired."

"And I really want to eat sketchy Chinese food," Luke huffed and then rolled his eyes when I ignored him. "Baby, this is going to be the worst night ever if you don't perk up."

"Luke, I'm really tired," You spoke softly and stopped walking. And right then, it looked as if he was really staring at you.

Right now, he saw the bags under your eyes, the bruises that lay beneath them, the soft tremble in your hands from the excess consumption of coffee to keep yourself up at night to keep up with course work, and the amount of weight you had lost.

"Oh, my half-black half-white princess," Luke sighed and reached for you, tugging you close. You wrapped your arms around his torso and pressed your mouth tenderly against his chin. "I'm sorry, darling."

"That's why I wanted to stay in bed, but honestly, I'm pathetically in love with you that I'd follow you into a Chinese restaurant across the city just so you can have sketchy noodles," You told Luke and felt his fingers slide under the material of your shirt. He was gentle and pressed your lower halves against each other.

"Christ, how did I get so lucky as to have you in my life?"

"I have no idea, especially when all I do is complain about how much I hate school," You muttered and intertwined your fingers together, continuing to walk. "So,"

"So," Luke echoed and looked down at me.

"Do the good Chinese restaurants really open at three in the morning?"

"No, not really," Luke admitted and stopped the two of you front of a restaurant. "I actually paid this guy off to let me use his shiny letters sign?"

"Jesus, Luke, really?" You asked and ran your hands over your face, annoyance becoming you at this point. When you dropped your limbs to your side and looked down, your breathing hitched. "Oh my God."

He opened the box and then pointed to the sign behind him. Letters spelled out 'Will you Murry me, Sandy?' in bright yellow letters.

"Sandy?" You laughed and watched as your boyfriend turned around and read the screen.

"Shit, it was supposed to say 'Will you marry me, Sara'," Luke muttered and rolled his eyes. "But yes, will you marry me?"

You snorted and shook your head down at him. "You are the oddest person I've ever met."

"Sara, if you're going to reject me now, please do it quickly because I know I look fit, but my I'm really not. My leg is cramping up—I did not prepare for this," Luke exhaled and gave you a pleading look.

"If I say 'yes' does that mean you have to stay there?" You asked and broke out into loud laughter at the desperate look on his face. "Because my answer is 'yes.'"

"Finally, a straight answer—Wait, holy shit, you said yes," Luke spoke and brought himself to his feet. "I was kind of expecting you to say no and make up town excuses why we needed to wait."

"Oh come on," You muttered and took the ring from him, slipping it on your finger. "We both know that we're stuck with each other for the rest of our lives. I love you."

Luke smiled softly, wrapping his arms around your lower torso. You raised your arms and wrapped them around his neck, leaning up on his toes to kiss him tenderly.

"I love you, too,"