Chapter 24

Natalia POV

I was done.

I was finally done packing. All my belongings were in boxes. My furniture was even wrapped up.

The walls were cleared, and so were the counters. There was so much space now, that my voice could echo through the rooms.

I also cleaned everything, making sure that it was spotless. I took a shower, and gave Miya a bath as well.

We changed out of our clothes getting into new ones. It took me like all day to get this apartment done.

I started earlier today and now it was 10:00 at night. I was sitting on the floor with Miya on my lap waiting for a knock at the door.

I didn't want to sit on the couch because I didn’t want to mess up the neat wrap. He should be coming soon anyway I thought.

Well I don't really know if he was coming soon. I mean he did leave work to come earlier today.

So, I know when he left, he probably had to go back. So, we just sat there waiting for him.

After a while I looked at the time on my phone. An hour passed, and I was kind of getting anxious.

I mean what could he be doing so late. It doesn't take that long to leave from work to get here.

I was going to call him, but I remember that I didn't even have his phone number.

I always got a call from Tracey, or the office but never personally from him. So, I was going to call Tracey to see if he left yet.

I was looking for the contact, when I heard a knock from the door. I took Miya from my lap holding her.

I walked to the door seeing who it was. I was hoping it was Asher. But maybe it was Mace to come bother me again.

It better not be him, I thought. I opened it up and saw Asher. He had on a button down white-collar shirt. And the pants and shoes he had on earlier

He only took off his suit. He had tired eyes, and ruffled hair falling in his face. You could tell he was tired.

He turned to the side and put two fingers in his mouth blowing a whistle. I didn't know who he was whistling to until he spoke up.

"Come on gentleman get to work I don't have all day."

Before I could say something a bunch of men came into my apartment and started taking things out.

I stepped outside getting out of their way near Asher.

"Did you label what's going in storage and what's going to my place?" He asked lazily.

"Um yeah...  the boxes on the right is for storage, and left is going to yours." I said pointing my fingers at each side of the room.

He nodded to me and looked back at the men speaking to them again.

"You heard her, get a move on. And I expect everything to be loaded and separated on the vehicles of where they need to go understood?"

He said raising his voice a little so they could hear.

"Yes, Mr. Beacon." They said in unison. It was like they were his little minions, it was weird.

"Hold on, I don't have the money to pay for storage" I said realizing what was happening.

"I got it."

"No, you don’t-" I said protesting, but he interrupted me.

"I know I don't, but I am. So, end of discussion." He said firmly.

He walked away into my apartment towering over the men making sure everything was done right.

I looked down at the bottom of my stairs into the parking lot. I saw two medium size U-Haul trucks and of course his big black limo.

Wow all this for moving out? Honestly that's how Asher was though he had to do stuff in an extraordinary way, and he needed to be seen for it.

He took pride in his stuff, and himself in general. I mean there’s one thing to be proud of what you accomplish.

But sometimes I think-

No, I know that Asher just does this stuff to be seen by others, and to boast about what he has.

It's like that with everything... even in his meetings. He always had to let others know that he didn’t have to come, or that his company is big as it is, so he doesn't need to partner with anyone. Or someone always had to plead him for a deal or an interview. It was never him asking.

"What is this all about?" Someone asked beside me.

I looked beside me and there was Mace looking irritated. Wow It was new for him. I never seen him like this.

He always had a seductive or flirtatious look talking to me.

I didn't respond to him I just kept on looking at the men putting boxes into the trucks.

"Don't you have ears-"

"Yes, I have ears! And what does it look like? I'm moving out! Now leave me alone!" I yelled

He smirked and stepped closer to me.

"Well you know there's people still in the building? You don't have to move out. We can still strike up a deal.  Maybe you can do something for me for causing this commotion in my complex? And I can give you your apartment back" He said while giving me a suggestive look.

Oh my! He was disgusting he was still talking about sleeping with me. Even after everything he has done. Man, he had like an obsession with sex.

I gave him an angry look. I was about to respond when I heard a snore in my ear.

Miya was sleeping soundly on my shoulder laying her head in my neck. I forgot that I was even holding her because of all the distractions.

"I can put the kid down and we could just go in my office" He said reaching his hands for Miya.

Oh, heck no! I smacked his hands away from her, and stepped back from him.

"Keep your hands off the child!" Asher yelled at Mace from behind.

He stepped forward guarding Miya and I from him. Mace looked like a pea compared to him.

Asher was at least a foot taller than him, and his muscular figure was dominating Mace’s lanky one.

Mace gave Asher a challenging face. But as soon as it was there it disappeared.

He soon recognizes that he wasn't a match for him. So, he retracted back and looked past him to me.

"Just get your stuff and leave." He said harshly.

He held out his hand for the key to the apartment. I dug in my pocket for it. I reached my arm around Asher to place the key in his palm.

“Gladly” I said with a little devious smirk.

He turned around and walked away from where ever he came from.

Asher waited till he was gone until he turned around and looked at me. I was going to say thanks but he spoke up first.

"Wait in the limo."

"What, why?" I asked

"Because I told you so." He stated.

"Just becau-"

"I don't have time to argue get in the car now!" He yelled

"Alright I'm going!" I snapped at him.

I walked down the stairs heading to the limo in the parking lot.

Man, he was so bossy.