When We Dream

Ever have one of those dreams? The ones that you feel are so real and deem to be harder to wake up from. Those dreams are the ones you always remember. The ones that eat at your soul and tear your emotions to dust till all you can think about is why you even had them in the first place.

Brooklyn sat motionless as her sister lay on the hospital bed. Images of the little girl still fresh in her mind.

"What did he say".

Brooklyn asked, glancing at Santos with a grim look on her face.

"Should we discuss this now?"

He asked, peeking at my sister from his eye lashes. Rolling my eyes, I got up slowly from my seat, squeezed my sister's hand lightly before walking with Santos out of the room.

We walked for what seemed like forever before he stopped in a some what empty hallway of the hospital.

"So you already know that I've spoken with Ronnie".

He begins, running his hands through his hair.

"He took the features you told me about the little girl and ran them through his data base, cross checking missing children reports".

A million things seemed to run through my mind at that moment. Wanting to believe that what I saw wasn't true. But knowing that it had to be.

"The girls name is Amari, she went missing over ten years ago."
***********************************