4. New Beginnings

The maid introduced herself as Luna. She has been serving the Kim family ever since SeokJin was a little over ten. She held an energetic ambience that MinYoung soon found solace and comfort in.

She led the couple up to the second floor. It had been a while since the young lad thought of working out. Walking up two floors almost took a toll on her burning chest and thighs. She almost stumbled forward on the last step, yet SeokJin grabbed her arm firmly to keep her steady.

"Are you alright?" he asks.

She slowly lifts her head up and nods.

"Y—Yes. I'm sorry, it's just been a while since I've worked out," she huffs.

Her remark induced a light chuckle from him.

"Come on," he said, whilst lightly tugging MinYoung to continue walking.

Each tread spans at least one meter wide and she counted a total of forty-six steps, minus one landing that she could rest for a brief second. The walls were furnished with old large portraits of the late master and madam of the house. They emitted a sense of soothing

SeokJin's portrait is on the adjacent wall. His hair was swept backwards, exposing his pristine forehead.

He looked quite charming as a young child too, sitting like a royal prince with his palms on top of his crossed knees. His uniform had a golden patch on his shoulders, as well as a golden brooch sitting on the breast pocket.

It is no wonder that several women from the café had fallen head over heels.

'How were we childhood friends again?' she thought.

As Luna escorted them to SeokJin's chamber, MinYoung's fuzzy mind became sharp. She'd come to realize another situation.

There was a vanity nearby the window opposite the entrance, which projected a portion of the green landscape outside. The sun had settled back at its peak, showing nothing but the glinting lights of the other houses from the other side. The vanity only had one single cushion chair.

A large salmon couch is positioned on the right of the vanity, nearest to the entrance door. The built-in wardrobe on the walls is made out of sleek burnt wooden panels. There were at least four doors that included most of his belongings.

There is only one queen-sized bed on the opposite side of the vanity.

MinYoung swallows the dried lump in her throat.

She could not think of having dinner right now.

"I'll bring dinner upstairs," Luna announces.

The door closes behind them and a sudden absence of noise reverberates through the chamber, except for MinYoung's heavy breathing. She doesn't know what to do in this situation.

It is only just the two of them, alone, in his room.

Would it be weird to request her own room?

"Sorry for the mess. I didn't expect to be back home by this time," he chuckles.

The room is in the cleanest state she'd ever seen.

She expected dirty laundry, empty bottles and plastic trash to be strewn all over the ground like she'd grown up to see most of her male cousins do. Sometimes, the stench would be too much that she'd insist on staying outside the house.

SeokJin throws his shades on the vanity with a light thud. He shakes the shudder off of his shoulders. He was nervous since morning, especially having to meet with her father after all these years.