Chapter 35

Vote ~ Comment ~ Enjoy

Her feet carry her to Wolfe and he looks up, a smile breaking out on his slightly rosy cheeks. She tilts her head, a frown forming without permission. He shakes his head, "Do not worry, I have not had too much to drink but these men have been making me laugh. You did not tell me you bested several of my men in one morning." Her gaze slips to the men and sees that one of the men telling the story had been one of the ones she beat. He bows his head slightly, his cheeks very red. From drink or embarrassment, she cannot tell.

"It was a training exercise." She brushes off the chance of praise and Wolfe's eyes soften.

He rises to his feet and bows low. When he returns to standing straight he holds out his hand, his eyes saying what he wishes to say. He does not want to speak and have her turn him down. Her hand slips into his and both share a soft smile. The strange fluttering in her stomach erupts. He leads her away from the men who laugh and start to chat amongst themselves. They take their places on the dancefloor. "You did not notice me missing?" She enquires when they start to move to the music.

"I did. I also noticed that Hunter and Leo were gone for the room. It did not take me long to realise you must have all left with the intention of finding Gethin." Sparrow's eyes subconsciously dart across the room searching for the last person mentioned. She does see him but she does notice that Ra and Jag are still present and were not sent to find her. Wolfe guesses her thoughts and continues. "I know you can handle yourself. I would not send someone after you to bring you back, not anymore."

Her eyes spring back to him and he marvels at the vivid green that stares at him. "You trust me now? What if Gavriel left the room also?"

Wolfe grimaces slightly and sighs deeply. "I would follow him. All warriors can be surprised and you are a guest. Under my roof I am responsible for those within. I would follow him even if it was just Hunter that had gone. They have a ruthless reputation." Sparrow nods slightly, slightly uncomfortable that this particular piece of music requires little turning and much dancing attached to your partner. It is not helping the queasy feeling in her stomach.

"Thank you." She says simply.

The piece of music ends far too suddenly for either of them and they separate. Immediately they both miss the feeling of warmth that emanated from the other. Wolfe bows low and Sparrow curtseys. They go their separate ways.

Leodonis steps back within the room and hurriedly makes his way to Wolfe, expertly stepping in and out of the people blocking his route. He leans down and whispers in Wolfe's ear. Wolfe listens carefully before rolling his eyes. He brushes past a few people and leans over and speaks in a low tone to Jasiel and Logan. Jasiel frowns and his eyes meet Sparrow's from across the room. He nods quickly and extricates himself from their conversation. In only a few short moments he arrives at Sparrow's side.

"What is going on?" She asks as he kisses the back of her hand. Those watching turn away, there is nothing interesting to see there. He straightens up and acts as if he is watching the couples dance across the floor to a much more upbeat piece of music. The women's skirts swish and fly around as the men spin them and they all kick into the air in unison. A brief smile crosses his face as laughter fills the room as some stumble and bump into one another. "Jasiel, you must focus."

"Patience is a virtue," he teases before reverting to his previous seriousness. "My eldest brother is nowhere to be seen and Hunter is also missing. Wolfe does not wish to alarm his guests but they must be found."

"Will Gethin do anything?" Sparrow asks quietly, a knot forming in her throat.

"Not on his own. Will Hunter?"