xxiii

Stories

1973, July

1973, July.
Xavier Island,
Pacific Ocean.

Eleanor walks as Charles covers her eyes from behind her. They walk close to each other.

"What is all this mystery?" She asks confused "I could read your mind right now and this whole surprise would be ruined"

"Alright, one more step" He says softly and she walks slowly until he stops her "Are you ready?" Eleanor nods grinning before Charles takes his hands off her eyes. She opens them to find a house with a modern-20s style. She looks at the windows, which are doors at the same time. There is a sand path that leads to the main door. She gasps and looks at Charles.

"What's this?" She asks confused but excited at the same time.

"It is my family's island" He informs looking at the house "I thought about places you hadn't visited and I was sure you didn't see this one" She looks back at the house and Charles takes her hand "Come on, let's make it a tour" She smiles and follows him into the living room "This is the living room, probably was where my father asked my mother to marry him, and it's quite big as you can see" He says as they arrive at the big room. Eleanor laughs and starts walking on a couch and looks at Charles who is smiling at her.

"Comfy" She sighs jumping on the couch. Charles walks over to her and grabs her hands laughing.

"That was probably where I was created too" He comments jokingly. She laughs and wraps her legs around his waist.

"I was created in the back of a car, so..." She murmurs raising her eyebrows teasingly.

"No way" He murmurs amused.

"Hell yes" She replies as he puts her back in the floor "My mother got pregnant in prom night, in the back of my father's truck. They told me the story many times because they knew I hate it. Their thoughts were quite liberal, they didn't put me barriers. But they were so embarrassing...." She says laughing.

"I would have loved to meet them" He murmurs looking at her. She nods smiling sadly at the ground before walking into the kitchen.

"They would have loved you" She says sitting in the island table in the middle of it. Charles walks over to her placing his hands on the table, around Eleanor "They would have told you many embarrassing stories; my father would have forced you to learn to hand-jive, oh my god, he loved that dance..." She murmurs looking into his eyes "And my mother would probably had forced you to learn about Spanish culture. She was a really proud Spanish woman" He looks at her with a sweet smile "Oh, what a nightmare they would be" She comments trying to lighten the mood and not get sad on the first day of their honeymoon.

"Those would have been lovely moments" Charles comments looking at her before placing a gentle kiss on her lips. She pulls away putting her hands on his chest. She chuckles and looks at him.