1.3 - Nine Months Later

"Dr. Wells, Jesse, get down to the cortex like right now," Cisco's voice rings throughout star labs on the intercom.

His voice is urgent but calm so I hurry, but don't worry.

We reach the cortex at the same time to find Barry Allen is awake. Cisco tries to explain things as Caitlin tries to run tests.

"You were in a coma," Cisco tells him.

"For how long?" Barry asks.

"Nine months," Dad responds. "Welcome back Mr. Allen. We have a lot to discuss." He leads Barry out of the cortex.

"How is he? What tests did you run?" I ask Caitlin.

"Well none really all of his vitals I checked were fine," she says.

When Barry and dad come back in the room they are discussing his foster family.

"Iris?" Barry wonders aloud.

"Iris, yes she came to see you quite often," dad responds giving him the all-knowing look.

"She talks a lot," Caitlin adds.

"And she's hot," Cisco has no shame.

"I need to go," Barry walks towards the door.

"No, you can't!" Caitlin protests.

"No, no, Caitlin's right. Now that you're awake we need to do more tests. You're still going through changes there's still so much that we don't know," dad explains.

"I'm fine, really, I feel normal. Thank you for saving my life," Barry says before quickly leaving the room.

"Really!" Caitlin exclaims while dad and I sigh.

Cisco just stands there with his drink looking a bit shocked about the whole thing.

Barry pokes back in, "Can I keep the sweatshirt?"

"You can keep the sweatshirt."