12

" That's why I need a one dance, Got a Hennessy in my hand."

Were interrupted by a song coming from a few feet away from us and we both turn to gaze at were the noise is coming from. Derek pulls out his ringing phone from his pocket and brings it to his ear before speaking. We catch his attention and he gazes at me before throwing me a cheeky smile. I can see from the corner of my eye as Alex reverts his attention away from Derek and gazes at me before looking back at him again. He seems deeply intrigued by our interaction with one another. Maybe even bothered by it. Is he worried that I'm not giving him my undivided attention just so he can taunt me? I'm overthinking everything. Me and Alex barely know one another. Do they know each other? Is he bothered by Derek? I continue gazing at Derek as he steps to the side but still stays close to us. He looks at me again as he talks to the other person on the line and I finally look away when our eyes meet.

" You look dreadful, sweetheart." Alex insults me from the top of the short staircase that leads into the hotels back entrance. I roll my eyes and look away from him. He's already taunting me and we haven't even been together for 5 minutes. He's right though. I'm wearing my hoodie with some sweats and my hair is still in a bun from last night. I try my best to ignore his comment and attempt to bring up the luggage on the short staircase again. Instead of offering to help me like I assumed he would he chooses to watch me struggle and continues to taunt me. What was I really expecting though? He's constantly treating me poorly and bothering me, then occasionally treats me politely just so he can shake my mind up and make me go insane with curiosity and wonder. "You're quite weak, sweetheart" I roll my eyes again and lay down the luggage before letting out a heavy sigh.

" If you're not going to help me, just leave me alone." I huff as he stares at me with a smug look. He shrugs his shoulders before putting on his aviators that I didn't notice he was holding in his hand. He pushes past me and I feel myself almost tumble down when his shoulder comes into contact with mine and the large suitcase finishes pushing me. As I am sure I'm about to hit the ground a set of hands catches me before I can and stabilizes me.

" Woah, be careful there." The familiar voice says and I quickly feel my cheeks flush from embarrassment. " Wouldn't want you to get hurt." He mumbles in my ear before chuckling deeply against it. I laugh as well before turning around to gaze at the dreamy man. He looks down at the luggage before kindly taking it up the stairs and laying it down in front of the door. " It's really heavy so it would be nice if you could take this to the band mates room for me." He states and I laugh lightly and roll my eyes at him before going towards the suitcase. He purposely is making me do this in order to test my abilities that I am trying to show everyone I have. It's nice that he understands that I'm a strong and independent woman that can do anything I please to do.

" Sure." I say now only a foot away from him and his bulky body.

I reach for it and continue to make my way inside until I reach an elevator. But before I can enter inside of it I am once again interrupted. "Hey, I think it would be important for me to go with you. You know, in order to supervise." Derek says as he gazes at me with a cheeky smile. I stifle my childish giggles before nodding my head. " I am your boss and I want to make sure you're not doing anything wrong." He teases me, shrugging his shoulders. I nod my head and finally let out a light giggle when we enter the elevator. I never really took notice. I was aware that he was the tour manager and he had a more important job than me but technically he is my boss.

When we're inside the elevator, an uncomfortable and awkward silence engulfs us. I wish I could speak but I can't. He's so intimidating and not his physical characteristics but the fact that he's a man. I've never really focused on being in a relationship or talking to boys. I've always just done me but now that I'm in a situation where an attractive man that I find intriguing is showing interest in me, I can't react.

We shuffle in our spots and he clears his throat as the elevator begins to move. I cross my arms over my chest and he gazes at me before doing the same. I smile to myself before dropping my arms and tying my hands together. Like I expect he follows suit and does the same thing. I'm enjoying our little game and I'm glad that he's not as awkward as I am. I much prefer playing this game than having to have an awkward conversation with him in the confined space.

I scratch my nose and he does as well. We both laugh and soon enough the elevator door opens and we step out. I pull the monster suitcase behind me as we walk down the hall. Thank god he came with me, I'm not even sure where to drop the bag off. I gaze down at the card sitting on the top of it in search of a room number but only catch Alex's name.

I'll be entering his room and a part of me is nervous but another part of me, a larger part, is excited. What will it hold? What does this bag hold? When we finally stand in front of a door Derek pulls out his key card and unlocks the door. I hold my breath until the door is completely open and when I see what's inside my thoughts and curiosity from earlier die. There's nothing special in the room. Nothing that'll blow my mind. It's a simple hotel room with a queen sized bed, a mini fridge, a small coffee table & three carry on bags laying on top of it. I make my way towards the corner of the room and set the bag down next to the coffee table. I let out A heavy sigh before looking around again. I'm not sure what I was expecting. A part of me wanted to see everything. But I was foolish. Maybe this is Alex. Maybe this is who he is. Maybe I'm searching for something special inside a man who holds nothing special on the outside.

" You ok?" Derek asks and I shake myself away from my thoughts. I nod my head and his eyebrows furrow. I continue gazing around the room in hopes of finding anything that'll help with my quest to know who he is. " You sure?" Derek asks stepping closer towards me. I bite my lip and don't nod this time. I'm foolish and am still hopelessly clinging on to the hopes that there's more. That there's something in this room. I look down at my feet before sitting down on one of the chairs next to the coffee table. Derek does the same and sits down, never taking his eyes off of me.

" I'm just stressed." I partially lie and he nods his head as if saying that he understands the feeling very well. He more than likely does. He's my boss and for sure has more responsibilities than me.

" You're going to do great." He assures me, reaching his hand over and laying it on top of mine. My body becomes warm and a smile arises in me due to his sweet gesture. " Plus you'll have me to guide you along the way." He says with a cheeky smile before shortly after removing his hands from mine. I feel like frowning from his loss of contact but I pull out a fake smile to mask my emotions.

Unexpectedly he catches on and stands up and walks over to me before kneeling down so we're face to face. He gives me a sweet and sincere smile that I return. He's trying to comfort me and I appreciate it extremely. I still feel slightly awkward around him but he has a personality that is slowly peeling that feeling away.

I watch from my spot on the chair as he gazes at me intently, taking in all my features. A piece of my hair falls in my face and he reaches for it before tucking it behind my ear. " You're  gorgeous." He states and I feel my breath hitch in my throat as his hand cups my face and his face moves closer towards mine.

A/N: I know everything between Derek & Jocelyn is going really fast lol but it has to for the sake of the story, & I mean a lil kiss never hurt nobody