Chapter Twenty-Seven: Smouldering and Sexy, the Double S's of Doom

Start from the beginning

"So what's the first step? Are we meeting up with the hottie military school delinquent first or grabbing some food?"

"Stop calling him that, he's not a delinquent. People go to military school for a ton of reasons that aren't the fact that they are criminally inclined."

"But you didn't deny the fact that he's hot. Is he hot? How hot? On a scale from One Direction to Chris Hemsworth, how hot are we talking?"

"I'd say he's a solid Chris Evans."

"Yay!" She claps her hands, "I love me some Chris."

Things with her and Parker, one of Cole's teammates cooled have considerably once she realised that he'd been chatting up a couple of girls at the some time. While there wasn't any obvious cheating but he'd been an unapologetic flirt and I guess Cami finally realised the need to break things off with him. I won't lie, the prospect of a Lan and Cami is wonderful. Knowing both of them, I'd say they'd make one heck of an entertaining couple. But I'm not going to play matchmaker when my own love life is such a mess.

The bell rings and Cami bounces excitedly, "Do you think that's Chris? I mean Lan? Do I look effortlessly gorgeous with a side of sassy and spontaneous? Like I'm the kind of girl who could walk the runway but also go for like a hike?"

"How does a girl like that look exactly?

"You are a terrible, terrible wing woman. Now just tell me that I look pretty and go fetch the pretty boy."

She does look pretty though, with a black body suit and hight waisted shorts, she's showing off her slim figure and curves. If Lan's on the market, then I'd say he's about to hit the jackpot.

I look through the peephole and he's standing there with a bunch of grocery bags in his hand. As the door swings open, I don't even get a chance to say hi before he engulfs me in an awkward hug, arms laden with reusable bags.

"I'm so glad to see you."

Awkwardly patting his bag, "You too Lan. Jeez, I didn't know you missed me that much, or liked for that matter."

He pulls away, grinning and his dark hairs falls adorably across his forehead. He's six feet of gorgeousness, with rakish good looks. Dark hair, blue eyes, a lean swimmer's body all lead up to one beautiful male specimen. I can practically feel Cami swooning behind me.

"Aw, I like you plenty Tessa but that was for the sweet, sweet relief in my future now that I won't have to babysit Cole anymore." He bypasses me and runs straight into Cami.

Or collides. When meeting Cami for the first time, it's like being hit by a truck headfirst and then having a car ram into you all from all remaining sides. It is by no means a smooth process.

"Uh, hello Tessa's friend whose name I'd love to know. I'm Lan." He extends his hand towards her and she takes a step forward. Giving him a thorough once over, she looks towards me and gives me a thumbs up, "I think we'll get along just fine."

***

While Lan and Cami continue their crazy flirting, I start putting away the groceries that Lan was kind enough to bring by. I'm guessing Cole told him a little about my Nutella and Kit Kat obsession since I'm unpacking jar, after jar of the spread and three packs of mini Kit Kats. Oh boy...

"So what's the plan? Are you going down to see him?" Lan asks, coming over to help me.

"I don't know. Should I? How's he doing?"

Lan scratches the back of his neck, looking a little sheepish. "I'd say it would be a great idea to let him sleep off the hangover and try later."

"Again? I thought you said you threw everything away and hid his fake ID."