a different ending

/AN: HELLO
IT'S ME

(sorry not sorry)

so hi! i haven't been updating in some months. no-one has missed me? okay;)

also- began writing this forever ago. that's why it's in the middle of this 'book'

SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE 5TH SEASON

so this is after the 12th episode of the season, and will probably be quite sad /

The door to the great hall was thrown open.

There had been a meeting of the round table in a session that was now brutally interrupted by this. The men and the women seated at the table looked stunned at the woman who entered the room, and some of the men reacted by withdrawing their swords and standing protectively around the Queen. Most of the unprotected servants tried to hide in the shadows of the room, except for the one wearing a red neckerchief, who seemed as ready to react as the knights. The King was also standing, facing the intruder.

"Morgana," Arthur spoke, his tone harsh and dripping with disgust.

"Hello, dearest brother." She said with the most sugar-sweet voice her vile mouth could muster. "I am here to tell you something horrible! There is a traitor in your midst! Amongst those you love and trust the most."

The raven-haired man in the back of the room tensed up. He knew what was going to happen. He had waited for this ever since Mordred had left Camelot, even though that was only days ago. He too was surprised by the odd approach of the witch. But he hoped that only meant that this way, it was easier to outsmart her, which had been one of his talents in the past.

"And why should we believe you?" Gwaine questioned the sorceress. "You would do anything to ruin it for Arthur. This could just be one of your ideas to create chaos in Camelot."

"And that is not what she is doing right now?" Merlin strangely spoke up. "If the 'traitor' was caught, and it was someone close to the king, it would cause chaos, wouldn't it? Who could Arthur then trust? Who could anyone trust? It is surely one of your better ideas, Morgana."

Merlin had accepted his fate, whatever came to him. He had been preparing himself for this for as long as he had been in Camelot - the worst possible outcome in a country where magic is outlawed. But he had hope. That is why he was not the one storming into the hall. He had hoped Arthur would see sense. The manservant was leaning against the wall behind him and his arms were crossed. He was so calm, even with Morgana in the room. The latter looked upon the raven-haired man with a truly puzzled face, before returning her gaze upon the King.

"Where was I, oh, right, Arthur." She may have said the King's name sweetly, but it sounded even more venomous. "This traitor has been practising magic under your nose ever since he came here, and probably long before that."

"Stop being such a drama queen, Morgana!" Merlin complained. He used the same tone she had used while referring to the King. Everyone else looked really strangely at the servant who had over the years getting the reputation of being rather cowardly.

"What are you even thinking right now? You aren't making it easier for yourself?"

"Just get over with it!"

"What are you two talking about?" The King asked, extremely confused at this point. Everyone else looked flabbergasted.

"Merlin has magic. He is the traitor."

You could hear a couple of people burst out laughing at this.

"First of all, have you met Merlin? He couldn't keep a secret this big for so long. Second, have you met him? He couldn't be as evil as you or any of your kind." Arthur said.

Unbeknownst to him, this hurt the dark-haired boy. But he didn't let that show.

"Arthur, shut up, respectfully, you are not making this easier for anyone." Merlin unintentionally repeated what the witch had said to him only moments before. 

"But Merlin, you can't possibly practice such cruelty. You-you just -, it is, simply put, impossible!" Leon spoke up.

"Cruelty? I never thought I'd hear something like that coming from you, Leon, you who were saved by magic, just over a year ago. The Cup of Life, remember?" Merlin was somehow addressing the whole room and the knight simultaneously, once again baffling some of his fellow servants. "I know that the cup brought down destruction on Camelot after that, but was that really its own fault? One of the reasons why it was used against Camelot, stands in this room. She only turned dark because she thought that magic was a weapon, and the only one she trusted since she found out about her magic, was the terribly corrupted Morgause. I now deeply regret that I wasn't there by her side, you all must know as much, as it was just a few years ago, when she was lost, oh so lost. Magic can be used as a weapon, but it is also too beautiful for the cruelty of this world. Most of you, if not all, must have seen it!"

"But it has killed so many people! It's evi-" Percival spoke up this time.

"I am gonna cut you short just there. Arthur looks like he is contemplating killing me or worse so I will be as brief as I can. DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO A WORD I JUST SAID?" Merlin speaks so quickly it is hard to believe that he is still making himself incredibly understood in the room. His years of pent up annoyance is probably the one to blame. "This girl here has been twisted and tortured into believing what she is doing is right! And you know what? The reason why I have magic is that I was bloody born with it. And what else? The reason why you guys are not dead: My BLOODY magic." When he said the last word, his blue irises turned to gold, for just a second, but everyone in the room saw it. He had summoned Arthur's sword into his hand and with one quick flash of a movement, he had stabbed Morgana. Even the witch looked surprised, as she had never imagined Merlin possibly using magic, even in her wildest fantasies. With another change of color in the irises, the two of them were gone. But on the big round table it was written:

In seven days time, meet me at the lake of Avalon. There you tell me if you wish to kill me or if you will accept magic in your land again.

And Prat, don't go on any hunting trips. You won't last without me.

"And he calls Morgana a drama queen." Said Gwaine and whistled.

[31.8.17]