Chapter 20

Hi,

I am sorry if this chapter is short. I just want to get it out there you know?

Happy reading!

p.s.

If you haven't voted for me on the watty awards for my story Have We Met?(Book I: Player's Chronicles) under Non-teen fiction category. It would be appreciated if you do! Thank you very much for reading my story and your patience :)

20

“I don’t get it. Run it through me again because honestly, I don’t know why she forgave you for what you did” I deduced that it was Anne speaking in a hushed tone from a few feet away from me.

“Look, I know you’re her female best friend…”Mark started but was immediately cut off

“I’m her ONLY best friend” Anne hissed indignantly in Mark’s direction.

For some reason I can actually imagine her glaring at Mark as she crosses her arms against her chest. I took a chance on peeking at her and felt smug about knowing her too well that she was definitely glaring daggers enough to kill someone…well, Mark at this point. I also saw that it was still dark outside but the sky is a bright pink hue telling me that it is still heavily snowing outside. Translation: I haven’t been passed out for a long time if the two are having a heated chat.

“Fine, but I don’t want you or anybody else to worry about this issue. All I care about is that Danni forgives me and understands what I did was…” Mark started softly

“…stupid, selfish, and a dumbass move” Anne finished for him

“Yeah, those things and more please, can you actually shut up and listen without interrupting me?” Mark asked irritated by my best friend.

A small smile escaped my lips and I figured it’s time for me to tell them that I am awake just to stop them from further bickering. They were starting to give me a headache plus, I have to find out if Ryan came back yet. I was right as soon as I opened my eyes both of them shut up and came into my line of sight in mere seconds.

“How are you feeling?” Anne asked

“Do you need anything?” Mark asked the same time as Anne voiced out her question.

I sat up slowly on the sofa with one hand on my head as I mentally shove the headache down from beating me within. Mark caught on my action and instantly left the living room.

“Is Ryan back yet?” I asked Anne clearing my voice from my brief sleep.

Before Anne answered my question, she looked up from behind me and I followed her eyes. Mark was making his way back with a bottle of water in one hand and a bottle of aspirin in the other. He handed them to me and I took two tablets out of the bottle and drank half of the bottle’s contents as I let the medicine down my throat.

“Thanks. So?” I said as I recapped the water bottle.