Chapter 3: A Rising Cook

After all the details of my staying had been hammered out and Lavender was sure that I would not escape, they left the room to allow for me to rest. I raised my arms and stretched, grimacing at the tugging of the stitching. I put my hands behind my head and stared up at the ceiling. I started planning my revenge as the minutes tick by. After two hours, I found that it was harder. Normally, I would just get an assignment from a guy who wanted me to kill someone in certain manner. Getting in and out along with the actual assassination is easy for me. Now, planning. That's an entirely different story. This, coupled with my lack of information of the Kingdom of Grelin and the New Order, made it very difficult. I knew the Kingdom's economy was based off the rich artisans and exports of staple foods, mainly wheat. Having upheaved the economies of several kingdoms before, I found it important to keep tabs on the economies of other nations. The previous king, George the Sixth, was very religious, and because of that, had many welfare institutions and had put in place a civil service examination for placement in the bureaucracy. He also got rid of a lot of the corruption in the government. However, he was assassinated, not by me of course, I had respect for that man. His son, Henry the Fourth, came to be in power. I do not know what happened after that for my information had become only rumors.

The New Order was new to me. I had heard rumors of a new church being formed. But my information was limited to listening to snippets of conversations in taverns .

I checked my stats with the character window.

Name: Grim Horus

Title: None

Level: 98

Race: Human

Main Class: Guardian

Subclass 1: Chef

Subclass 2: Blacksmith

Statistics:

Attack: 76

Defense: 59
Speed: 70
Health: 792

Magicka: 20

Stamina: 58

Luck: 74

Endurance: 54

Hunger: 8

Thirst: 9

Skills:

Swordmastery (Level 49)
Archery (Level 43)

Lockpicking (Level 40)

Smithing (Level 38)

Cooking (Level 35)

Hand-to-Hand Combat (Level 40)
Heavy Armor (Level 31)

Light Armor (Level 39)

Looting (Level 41)

Sneak (Level 43)
Smithing (Level 44)

I wanted to check to see if my inventory still worked, but my head began to droop and my eyelids left heavy. Oh well were my last thoughts as I drifted to sleep.

I woke up later because of a nuisance. The sky through the windows entered, blinding me momentarily. I was then rudely shaken again by Lavender.

"Wake up sleeping beauty. You're the last person awake in the whole village, including the pigs."