Headbutts are just cover-ups

lets not. skip to chapter 4. I was in sixth grade when i wrote this

______________________________________________

      Warren lets out an exasperated sigh as he sits himself down on his bed, holding an ice pack over his blackened eye. Nathan was the one to blame for Warren' s shiner. He was the one who got carried away in "hiding" their relationship and headbutted Warren right in the eye, knocking him to the ground, which inevitably caused them both major headaches, and promised a certain science geek a black eye. 

      When they "hide" their relationship, they both act as hateful towards each other as possible out in public, but when the dorm halls are empty, typically near midnight, one boy always sneaks to the others' dorm. Out in public, act like they don't know each other, in this case; beat each other up, or avoid each other altogether. It's a completely different story in private, though. They sometimes sleep together when they're feeling risky, they watch movies together, though they never make it to the end, doing what? Anything a couple chooses to do in the midst of a movie.

      Did Nathan regret his actions? No, but yes. No, he didn't regret his actions if it meant no one would suspect them dating, which would mean they could stay together until his father figured out and send him to a conversion camp. Yes, he regretted the decision of headbutting Warren because he didn't enjoy harming his boyfriend, not like he ever admits that. Nathan wanted to stay with Warren, Warren wanted to stay with Nathan.

      Later that day, Warren and Nathan had made plans for Warren to come over and spend the night with Nathan. Doing what, exactly? Well, sleeping and whatever else they so desire.

      Warren laid back in his bed expecting a text from his lover, phone in one hand, ice pack in the other, resting over his eye. Warren's headache hadn't faded one bit, considering he was was hit in the front of the head with Nathan's and the back with a concrete ground. 

      People would say it's an abusive, unhealthy relationship, but most people aren't under the circumstances Nathan and Warren are in. They do it to protect themselves together, even if that means harming each other as individuals. They don't enjoy it,  however it's less agonizing than being apart.

      Warren's phone buzzes, he lifts the bright screen up to his face, it takes a moment for his eyes to adjust to the bright, white screen in his currently dark room, he squints at the screen. It does't help that he has one bad eye and a bright-ass screen up to his face. 

Nathan: hey, you coming ? (Sent: 10:43 p.m.)

Warren:  Been waiting forever, dude! (Sent: 10:43 p.m.)

Nathan:  dont get your panties in a bunch . or ill do it for you, dude (Sent: 10:43 p.m.)

Warren:  I'm more of a boxers kinda guy.

                  Empty halls? (Sent: 10:44 p.m.)

 Nathan: come over(Sent: 10:44 p.m.)

      Warren gets up from his spot on his bed, opens his door an approaches Nathan's room across the hall. He opens the door on Nathan standing by his bed, taking off his jacket, he has a bruised forehead and knuckles. He's sighing, not acknowledging the slightly taller brunet who just entered. 

      Warren quietly closes the door and walks around Nathan's bed, wrapping his arms around Nathan's waist. The cool ice pack Warren held against his eye presses against Nathan's neck, causing Nathan to jump, almost elbowing Warren in the ribs, but ultimately missing. 

       "Shit, Warren! That's cold, what the fuck?!" Nathan complains.

      "It's called an ice pack for a reason. My eye is fine, by the way, thanks." Warren mumbles the last part sarcastically. 

     "You should have fought back and maybe it wouldn't have been so severe."

      "You headbutted me outta nowhere, Nate! What was I supposed to do?"

      "Pussy." Nathan mumbles to him.

      "Dick." Warren playfully mumbles at him, suppressing laughter.

      "What you won't be getting tonight."

      Warren laughs, his charming smile spreading across his face. "I forgive you."

      Nathan turns around to look at Warren's face, his eyes immediately drift to Warren's bright smile, up to his one visible dark colored eye, over to his shaggy brown hair. "Fucking geek."

        Warren snorts, his features lighting up, Nathan watches his nerdy optimistic lover have a tiny giggle fit. 

      "Get in bed already, I'm tired and it's been a shitty day."

      "Everyday's a shitty day for yo-"

      "Everyone is a shitty person to me." Nathan interrupts Warren.

      After a beat or two Warren responds with, "Climb in bed first, then we can talk about it."

      Nathan climbs into his bed in front of Warren, Warren climbs in after him, wrapping his arms around his waist. Warren removes the ice pack from his eye and sets it on Nathan's nightstand.

      "Nate, wanna talk about today now?" Warren whispers to Nathan. 

      Nathan snores in response.

       Snores?

      Snores?

      Nathan is already asleep?!

      ".....Or not.." Warren snickers quietly. "Goodnight, Nathan." 

       Warren nuzzles his face into Nathan's neck, yawns, and quietly dozes off, holding Nathan in his arms. The room is now filled with nothing more than peaceful snores.    

____________________________________

AHHHH! So, there it is! I promise in the future it will be more entertaining and interesting and more in character, I promise! This is mainly just to see what you'll think of it. Thanks for reading! thissucksassjfc

Have an idea for the next chapter? Tell me!