[22] Show Time

"Good evening Lord Hamish, I can't thank you enough for letting me and my guard stay here. Your generosity is greatly appreciated." Cerise said, gripping onto the old man's large arm with a thankful gleam in her eye. Niklaus stood behind her, suitcases under both arms and in each hand. He stared forward, not making eye contact with neither Lord Hamish nor his wife.

"Well of course! Anything for the Iarus family." He placed his hand over hers, a very convincing smile on his face as he led her farther into the house, his wife at his side, silent and with a less convincing smile. "Please, let me introduce you to my son, Horatio, I believe him to be your age." He said, letting Cerise's hand free to greet his son properly.

"By God, Lord Hamish! I thought you knew never to ask a lady about her age." She scolded with a menacing smile and Lord Hamish visibly deflated.

"My apologies, Miss Adelaide. It was not my intention to insult you." He bowed his head in respect. "Nevertheless, my son here had volunteered in guiding you to your rooms. I hope he meets your expectations." He said, a mischievous smile gracing his lips.

"Thank you, Lord Hamish, I am most grateful." She curtsied and allowed Horatio to take her arm as he led her up the very exquisite staircase.

Lord Hamish was one of the few Nobles she hadn't gotten around to killing for his crimes. He was a very powerful merchant, owning large portions of land and crops. His crimes involved the kidnapping of commoners and forcing them into working on his lands, though they were tortured into not spilling a word as obvious as the crime was.

"You know, Miss Adelaide. If you're an appreciator of horses, I'd love to show you the stables some time." Horatio threw her a shining smile one with obvious intentions as they reached her door. She smirked and looked over to Niklaus, silently telling him to go inside and leave them. He understood and did as was told.

She looked up at Horatio as she turned to face him, moving closer than was necessary. She grabbed onto the collar of his shirt and tugged him closer as his hands rested on his hips. Cerise knew what Lord Hamish was thinking when he assigned his son as her guide, and she knew Horatio was simply following orders.

"Listen to me, sweetheart." She said seductively, ignoring the sounds her dress made as she pressed her waist against him, his eyes darkening with desire as sweat began to formulate at his forehead. His heart was beating wildly under her palm and she knew that as much as he lusted after her, he didn't want to fulfill the task given to him by his father. "Meet me in my room later on tonight," she whispered seductively, "my guard will go on his nightly patrol of the house and I'll be free for about an hour." She grinned and kissed him slowly on the cheek, dangerously close to his lips. "See you tonight, darling." She stepped out of his hold and walked into her room, slamming the door behind her.

She looked over at Niklaus who sat perched on the bed, his eyes blazing. She raised her brows asking a silent question. "Clear." He answered, his voice gruff and clipped. She rolled her eyes at his attitude and pulled off the horrible jewelry. Niklaus watched her with predatory eyes as she dropped the large dress to her feet, standing only in a corset and her underwear. She knew it was torture for him not to go to her and touch her, especially when she teased him like this, but she felt uncomfortable in the dress and wouldn't wear it unless absolutely necessary.

Slowly she turned to Niklaus. "Were you eavesdropping, Niklaus?" She asked with fake curiosity, already knowing the answer. He narrowed his eyes as she stepped in between his legs. He refused to look anywhere but her eyes, knowing just one glance would mean her win.

"Must you flirt with him so blatantly?" He scowled. Cerise rolled her eyes and placer her hands on his shoulders.

"I don't understand why now that you've confessed your feelings, you must act like an envious nitwit." Niklaus quickly wrapped his arms around her waist and flipped them so he hovered over her. Her lack of surprise was obvious, but even so her breath caught as the distance between them shortened to the point their lips nearly skimmed.

He brought one of her legs around his waist, his touch leaving goosebumps on her skin. "Because now that we've confessed our feelings, I know that you are mine, and no one else's." He growled, hands gripping onto her thigh.

Cerise rolled her eyes once more, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Still, you know my job consists of flirting." She said quietly afraid too much movement and their lips would touch.

"Doesn't mean I have to accept it." He whispered before closing the distance. It wasn't rough like their first kiss, but gentle and giving. His lips slowly danced with hers before she pulled them away, knowing soon they'd be called down for dinner.

"As much as I'd love to continue, not in the house of our victims." She said pushing him away. He sighed, pecked her once more and pulled her up with him.

"How can you say that when you're standing in my arms in nothing but your undergarments?" He teased, a hand snaking down to her bum. She laughed and pulled his hand away with a mock-glare.

"Because you aren't in the same attire, therefore my resolve is stronger." She winked, moving to put her dress back on. "Besides, dinner will begin soon and after that the mission." She said just as someone knocked on the door. She smirked at Niklaus, fixing her hair in the dresser mirror. "Show time."