Naturally (A Jacob Black Fanfic) -44-

Marisol’s POV

I was a rollercoaster of emotions. Frustrated, angry, sad, depressed… all symptoms of transformation. Curse it all, I thought wistfully. All these emotions made me crazy and unpredictable and I just spilled my secret to Jake. He made me guilty with those longing, trusting eyes. It made me sick inside to know I didn’t return them and definitely betrayed his hopes by sleeping with one of his friends and pack member.

Yet, he was the one supporting me. It was ironic and uncomfortable but I hid my face into his chest until my eyes couldn’t leak anymore. I was scared to look up to see is expression. Was he disappointed, upset, or angry or all of the above? My heart sank. I couldn’t bear knowing I had inflicted that kind of pain in him and also extremely embarrassed I let myself fall so easily and screw Seth over. Ugh, I am no better than a whore.

We stayed there for a long time and I felt my body relax in her arms. I was disgusted and frustrated with myself and how my body caved so easily to his touch yet I couldn’t pull away. My will was weakened.

We both jumped when my phone rang in my pocket. I extended my hand and pulled it out of my pocket and immediately read Tony’s name on my screen. With an effortless tap, I put it on speaker.

“Tony,” I greeted lowly. “What’s up?”

“Hmm,” I could imagine him adorning a smirk on his face. “Was I interrupting something?”

I rolled my eyes and placed my finger on Jacob’s lips to keep him quiet, mouthing a silent warning.

“No you weren’t,” I hissed. “What’s so important? It’s eleven o’clock at night.”

“Really, I was just checking. You know it’s close to that time of that month.”

“Tony!” I hissed. No one needed to know that information. Jacob’s face contorted into disgust. I swatted at him to shake it off. He didn’t need to put his impute on the subject. He could just keep it to himself.

“One, I came to warn you about a certain-”

I cut him off and turned off speaker and pressed the phone to my ear and walked to the other side of the kitchen. Like a nosy puppy, he followed me and I stuck out my hand to stop him from a getting too close.

“-About a certain time of the month,” Tony continued smoothly. “You know, heat.”

I cringed at the thought. I glanced at Jacob nervously before diverting my line of sight towards the blackened window. Jacob stepped forward closer to me, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off, being inappropriate during the moment when the subject was being introduced. Jacob looked worried. He had nothing to worry about. If anything, I was the one in huge trouble.

“So, what are you doing to do? I can’t be around here when that time comes.”

Jake’s eye brows furrowed. I shot him a look and shooed him away but he stubbornly stayed in place.

“Sorry, Mary, until this case is settled, you’re stuck there.”

“What? Seriously, I can’t be here. It’s…”

“Dangerous?” Tony teased. “It’s not dangerous. Just stay at Seth’s place, I’m sure he won’t mind the excessive sex.”

I clutched the phone and pressed it closer to my ear to muffle his voice so Jacob wouldn’t hear. My face turned bright red.

“How did you know about him?”

“I’ve kept tabs on you, sweetheart.” I could imagine his smirk grow into a dark grin.