Fear is a strong emotion

Aidan's POV (finally)

"Why the hell are you acting up with Kade?" dad yelled through mind link. Snitch.

"I have to dad, trust me. I'm going to talk to David about it here in a few but please trust me." I said stressed.

"I better not find out he moves back home." dad said.

"I will have the order lifted some. How is the search for mom going." I asked hoping he at least knew something.

"I'm heading farther north. I think a pack in Canada may have her." he said sounding desperate.

"I need you to check in with me more. It's hard enough not knowing where mom is but you too is really hard to deal with. I am already freaking being in charge but shit is piling up on me here." I said.

"Like what?" he asked.

"Remember you told me never tell you things that could harm the pack if there's a chance it could be compromised? Well dad I love you and trust you with my life but with mom being gone I can't tell you what is going on here anymore." I said.

"Good job son. I don't think you'll have an issue with telling me but I respect for thinking of the pack." He said sounding proud.

"Thanks. I promise once you and mom are back safe I will catch you up on what's what." I said just as a knock came to the door.

"I can't wait." he said chuckling.

"I have to go dad someone is here." I said getting up to open the door.

"Okay I'll check in in the morning." he said.

"David please come in. Give me a second." I said to him.

"Dad make it before school I have a test in my first two classes." I said.

"Okay love you son." he said.

"Love you too." I said.

"Your dad?" David asked.

"Yes, sorry. I'm glad you came." I said sitting back down.

"Well I'm here to ask why you and your pack have decided to treat my son like shit? Is it because he's gay? Or is it because he's colorful? I have to say its pissing me off and I know he isn't going to take much more of it before he leaves. I hate to say this but if my son leaves so will I." David said. Fuck not what I want or need but it might be what is best for right now. Hell I don't know.

"I want to first start out by telling you I am so sorry. I have to keep Kade hating me. I will have the pack lighten up and the people at school but he has to keep his distance from me." I said.

"Why?" Davis asked.

"He's my mate. I don't want anything to happen to him. Who ever took my mom could come for him. Or he could be in so accident." I said with a sigh.

"If he's your mate what the hell are you doing with Sasha?" He asked.

"She's my best friend. And if you haven't noticed she's kind of a lose lady. I love her and everything but her life hasn't been easy and her way of dealing is having fun." I explained.

"Don't you think we can come up with another way to treat Kade? you don't have to tell him he's your mate or anything but don't you think what your doing is a little to much? if I was a outsider looking in I would think you might actually like Kade." David said.

"Maybe but he can't know. I don't want to risk him getting hurt until we find out what happened with my mom." I said.

"I'll help you but just so you know my son is very bull headed and once he has his mind set on something he's going to do it. He said if things don't change he's going back home. I have set it up so that one of his friends are coming here to visit with him. She's really good at defusing kade's temper.

"What kind of friend is this?" I asked.

"His best friend and she is a tough cookie. She love Kade almost as much as I do and she will do anything to make him happy. They are like brother and sister." He said calming my jealous wolf a little.

"Is he 100% gay or is he bi?" I asked.

"My son is a proud card carrying homosexual. Those are his words not mine." He said making me laugh. My mate is strong physically and emotionally. Not to mention drop dead sexy.

"I wish I could be with him like we are supposed to me but I know that it may do him more harm then good." I said sighing.

"I think you should allow him to decided if he is willing to take the risk." His dad said.

"It's to much of a risk. As soon as my dad find out what happened to my mom and has the people I will tell him." I said. I know I was being difficult but it just felt right.

"Knowing Kade I would tell him as soon as you can. Trust me when I say this he always has a way of knowing things some how. Not everything but a lot." David said laughing.

"I will tell him when I feel the threat isn't here. I don't know who to trust and who not to. That is why your here to help me find out if something fishy going on in our pack. You are the only one that knows that Kade is my mate. Sasha thinks I am just trying to come off as cool calm and collective and the pack thinks the reason I don't like Kade is because of something that happened back when we were kids." I explained.

"Maybe try and go talk to him. He refuses to eat here and he refuses to leave his room. I was just up there and he was eating left overs from lunch. I offered to take home out to dinner but he said he was fine." He said. This upset me and my wolf.

"I'll go talk to him. Dinners in an hour so hopefully I can get him down here for that. Setting the issue of Kade aside. Have you found out anything?" I asked.

"I'm still saying the beta is sketchy. he just don't seem trust worthy." he said and it hurt to think that Felix and Nadine would do something to my mom. But Felix is the one who found the car wreak.

"Put one of your men on him and his wife. I will get copies if their phone records and see what I can do security wise." I said rubbing my temples. My head was killing me. And all this communicating through mind link was getting on my nerves. Any conversation I have now is that way.

"Will do and most if that is already done." He said smirking.

"Keep me posted. I'm going to go have a chat with my mate." I said leading him out the door.

"Will do and think about telling him." He said before leaving. David is a great human and werewolf lawyer but he is the worlds best detective. That is why he always wins his cases. It's just that nobody not even Kade knows this. My told me when I threw a fit about him calling in his best friend. Dad had his reasons and I'm glad he did it. Now I have Kade.

I slowly made my way up to the second floor. I was trying to come up with that to say. I get tongue tied every time I'm around him. I can't even look at him.

....Knock...............knock..................knock.......

"Well if it isn't Mr. Alpha Aidan Murphy of the Sun Pack. What can I do for you Alpha sir." Kade said causing me to lift my brow. His voice made every thing go tight.

"I was wondering if we could talk. I feel we may have gotten off on the wrong foot." I said hoping to sound neutral.

"Yeah sure come in please." He said. His scent of pine comes and Jasmine was so strong.

"Thank you. As I was saying I feel we may have gotten off on the wrong foot. And I would like to apologize on behalf of myself and the pack. It's hard to except new comers as bright and energetic as you at a time like this." I said trying to seem legit.

"You know I don't believe a word coming out of your mouth right. I mean yes I am bright baby I'm also brilliant. I am energetic and a
I am always happy like every day is my birthday. But in order for me to believe your bullshit handsome. You would have never has a slut on your arm acting all lovey dovey if that was the case. I hate the fact that your mom is missing or gone but don't take it out on me. I love your mom and will help fight to get her back if need be. But don't try using me and my sexuality as you punching bag. Besides I know the real reason." He said ask smug and sexy.

"Oh yeah and what's the truth?" I asked almost blowing my composer.

"Oh no see I am not about to open myself up to more bullshit from you. But let me just say I'm okay if you want your slut." he said confusing me.

"I don't get it. Why would it be any of your business who I was with?" I asked just as it dawned on me that he might know.

"I think it would mean about as much to me as it would to you if my boyfriend was here with me." He said smirking. He had a boyfriend. I never even thought about that. Who is this boyfriend?

"You have a boyfriend?" I asked biting the inside of my cheek to prevent myself from growling.

"Yeah Micky. You want to see a picture?" he asked going into his phone.

"How long have you been with him?" I asked.

"See this is Micky here and Slim and Pauly and this is my bestie Tara. Oh and Micky and I have been together for over a year or so. Isn't he so cute?" he asked.

"Over a year? I bet it was hard to leave him behind." I said with a smirk.

"We FaceTime and stuff so it's all good. I still get to see his cute little face." he said yawning. Man were his lips perfect. His mouth was perfect. He was perfect.

"You naughty boy." I said in a husky voice.

"Wouldn't you like to know." he said winking at me. He is going to make me lose it with just talking to me.

"Well enough chit chat. I promise things will be better and maybe you will think about joining my pack." I said ready to get out of his room before I needed more then a cold shower.

"We will see, Alpha Aidan Murphy." He said in the sexiest voice I had ever heard.

"Yeah um ..... well I um ...... I guess I will see you at dinner in about an hour then." I said sounding like an idiot.

"I'm sorry but I have already ate. I was actually getting ready for a nice long soak before I got to sleep for the night." he said smiling at me. I bet he smells my arousal. Shit.

"Well you have fun with that." I said clearing my throat.

"I plan on it." he said turning around and heading for the bathroom. He slowly started removing his shirt as he did so. Fuck.

I turned to leave but my wolf was to hypnotized by his body. He was the definition of sexy.

"Oh and Alpha Aidan, I can smell you from here. You might want to take care of that "mate". he said emphasizing the last word making my insides freeze.

"You knew?" I asked.

"Yes I did." He said before shutting and locking the bathroom door. Part of me wanted to demand more from him the other part wanted to join him.

"We will talk about this later. For now I need to rethink everything. Come see me when your done. I will be in my room." I said knowing he could hear me.

"Is that an order Alpha?" he asked making me shiver.

"No but I have a lot to talk to you about." I said sadly.

"Okay but please no sluts." he said making me sigh.

"Okay, thank you." I said before leaving him to his soak.

I swear I am an 18 year old kid who is going gray and feeling about seventy.