Happy reading! (Enjoy the song above)

_____________

As soon as my lips touch his, I am someone else.

Or maybe not.

Maybe I'm finally myself. The best, the liveliest form of myself in weeks.

I melt into the kiss, a single ice cube to his scorching sun. I am losing myself in him and I never want it to end.

He kisses me back almost immediately, grasping my waist and pulling me to him as if he wants nothing else in this world.

Out of nowhere, we're on another planet, in a different universe, our bodies linked to each other eternally.

He deepens the kiss, and the hypnagogic state his lips induce me in twists and turns my mind inside-out, leaving it spiraling completely out of my control.

I couldn't care less.

His lips taste like salt and sugar simultaneously, like summer and like all the other good things in life. It's my new addiction.

I'll never get enough of them, or of him.

He's taking me away from my worries and fears and replaces them with a wicked feeling of bliss, of utter satisfaction. His touch causes a rush of dopamine and adrenaline and all the other chemicals that make you feel like you're on top of the world.

I clutch the fabric of his jacket in the palms of my hands to hold on to him and the kiss and to keep myself balanced, since this whole scene makes me absolutely unstable.

Without warning and in the midst of my very own summer, he pulls away.

His blazing eyes madly look at mine for what feels like a hundred years and half a second coincidently, before he leaves me on the rooftop under a sky full of stars, all by myself, cold and stunned and mercilessly breathless.

*

His abrupt farewell impels me to question everything, but I decide to get moving too, not wanting to stay here in the open a minute longer.

I push open the massive metal door and brace myself for the sheet of darkness that will fall upon me when I leave the night sky behind me.

As I descend the stairs, my feet tap the steps with an uneven rhythm that is in synchrony with my breaths.

All I long for right now is to lie in my bed in the dormitory. The blipping tracker around my neck doesn't help to subdue my angst one bit. On the contrary; with every red flash it emits, my pulse rises.

After a while of running down the stairs, my eyes are partly accustomed to the darkness and I'm panting heavily, which is due to my lack of exercise when I still lived at home. I want to curse myself for it, even though that's pretty unnecessary and ludicrous at this moment. I have more important things to worry about, like the bang of a door falling shut, which I just heard.

Instinctively, I drop to the floor and hide in a corner. I really want to assume that it's just Casimir, returning to the roof or trying to find me, but I know that's first class bullshit.

I close my eyes and focus on the sound of the heavy footsteps. My head snaps back up when I realize they're heading upstairs.

That's my way.

I surge, aware that hiding in a corner won't help anything. I estimate that I have about ten seconds to come up with a solid excuse for why I'm standing here in the middle of the night.

I suppose it's just a Watch-keeper, but I doubt that'll make them easy to cross.

I try to swallow my fear (and fail in that attempt) and keep my chin held high.

But when I see whom is climbing the stairs, their hostile eyes fixated solely on me, my breath catches in my throat. 

________________________

A/N: Hey there! 

First off: thanks for 2.6K!! You rock and roll, guys. I love y'all.

A short and (pretty) sweet chapter this time, but I promise it will be longer next update!

Who do you think the person is that's heading her way? (I wouldn't jump to conclusions if I were you!)

Let me know what your thoughts are on his/her identity and why they're there!! 

Anyway, thanks for reading!! Please leave a vote and comment, they help me out way more than you'd think and it lets me know that people are enjoying my work! :) <3

Lots of hugs,

A