Chapter 3: Just Keep Flipping

A quick story about me and uneven bars, we don't get along. Uneven bars is my worse event, and I prefer floor and vault.

I put my grips on and began to practice. I begin with some giants, and then I moved on to practice my routine. After several minutes I dismounted, and I went over to talk to Phil.

"So here is the game plan," Phil said.

"I will set the camera up over here , and spot you," he stated.

"Sounds like a plan," I commented.

10 even bars routines later, Phil said we were done with uneven bars. I made a huge sigh of relief.

"I take it that unevens isn't your favorite event," Phill said.

I chuckled and looked at him. "When I was younger unevens and I were like BFFS, but now....let's just say we aren't friends anymore," I commented.

"So to the vault we go," Phil replied. I made a little woo hoo noise.

"What are your vaults," he asked.

"I Amanar," I said while smiling.

"Well, I will be the judge of that,"he smirkily stated.

I grabbed some chalk, and chalked my feet up. I take a deep breathe, and ran. I hit the springboard, and launch into the air. I hit the orange mat, and didn't move. I the proceed to salute the nonexistent judges.

Phil's face was priceless. "I told you I can vault," I said.

"Luckily I had the camera rolling," Phil replied.

The next hour was spent recording my beam and floor exercise.

"And cut," Phil replied. We were done filming.

"Thank you so much," I told him.

"I will submit the video right now, and if or when they reply I will call your house," he told me.

"Ok, once again thank you," I said while waving goodbye.

I went to my locker, and then ran outside to get my bike. As I went outside I noticed the sky was dark, and muggy. 'Well this is just great,' I thought.