Chapter 13

A/N: I will be changing some of the story lines a little so pardon me! Please continue.
~Hillary~
We were sitting on the beach, processing Beetee's plan. Sounded simple but I'm pretty sure it's not. Yeah sure, I cheated death but this, this seems very very risky. I looked to Finnick and he squeezed my hand to reassure me. I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder. Beetee ran through the plan to each of us. My job was simple. Protect the mocking jay. That's it. Tag along with Katniss. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. To look on the bright side, at least we don't have to kill each other to come out of this blasted arena. I walked further up the beach and sat down on the wet sand. I could hear someone sitting down next to me. Johanna. She turned to me slightly and whispered, "You think she'll hate us if we scar her arm a little?" I smirked and replied, "Probably not but she will get pissed at us if we don't save Peeta." Johanna chuckled and muttered, "Nothing much for us to do about Lover Boy." I heard her and said, "He's her weakness." Johanna replied, "Just like you are Finnick's weakness." I looked up from the sand and at her in surprise. She raised an eyebrow on my behaviour and retorted, "You're so oblivious. Can't you see that he loves you? The way he screamed when he thought you died. When the Jabberjays attacked, your scream was the first."
I buried my head into my hands and said, "This is exactly what I've been fearing. For my fears to become his and for me to become his worst fear. That's what I always feared in relationships." Johanna said after a moment's thought, "Well, if you look at it in that way, which will kill you one day, just give in. That's why you have each other. So you could protect each other. If you can't or failed, it's not your fault because you would know that he died happy. With you." I chuckled and said, "When did you get so deep, Johanna?" She shoved me playfully and muttered, "Shut up." I cocked an eyebrow and replied wittily, "Shut doesn't go up." Johanna rolled her eyes and pulled me to my feet. We both walked to where Finnick was peeling the meat from shells. Mostly likely oysters he found. I took some meat from his graciously and I helped crack the shells. I reminded me of the times where we would just sit on the shore and pick the meat from the shells that Finnick and I found that day. We ate in silence and Finnick slipped an arm around my waist. I leaned into him as we enjoyed our last night for what may seem like the last time.
:=:
As I walked in the forest with Katniss and Johanna, Johanna and I kept exchanging looks. Katniss was holding the reel of wire and I knew what I had to do. Finnick had wanted to come with us but I refused and objected. So it's just the three of us. Suddenly the Lightning cracked and we were thrown onto a flat platform. Pain erupted from my shoulder and back. Dislocated. Damn it. Johanna scrambled up and cut the tracker from Katniss's arm and smeared blood on her face. She placed her head face down as Enobaria and Brutus came by. They saw me and I closed my eyes, shaking slightly in fear. Enobaria said, "Leave her Brutus. Look for fish brain and his followers." I nearly coughed at Enobaria's nickname for Finnick. I saw Beetee unconscious and I struggled to lift my injured shoulder. I could hear Katniss yell for Peeta. I could hear Finnick yell my name, "Hillary! HILLARY!" I wanted to run to him. Inhale his smell of the ocean but I couldn't. Thanks to my stupid back and shoulder. Katniss then did something. I would've kicked her but no. She shot the forcefield and the arena started to crumble. I groaned in pain as a piece of shrapnel pierced my already injured arm. I could hear Finnick's cries grow more desperate by the second as he saw my body. I just couldn't. The last thing I saw was flames. Fire. When there's fire, there's ash.