Legacy 35

Even though I was working on Christmas Eve, I was glad for something to do it took my mind off off everything going on. At least it did until everyone started calling asking me a bunch of questions; first it was Liberty wanting to know if I was going to over Khalil's for Christmas, then it was Cam wondering the same, then I got Khalil calling about Las Vegas (I was still undecided on that), Devin telling me that he would kidnap me if I wasn't at Khalil's house tomorrow and finally Lorenzo...... his message was simple and sweet, but at the same time annoying I had been ignoring his calls since Trinity's party and he somehow managed to get a message through letting me know that he got me something for Christmas (he assured me he bought it while we were still together). All I wanted to do was be alone and process my thoughts on everything that has happened and I couldn't even do that......... I got off work and went home to find Mique waiting in front of my building with a big box in his arms.

"What are you doing here I thought you were busy?" I said smiling in spite of myself, Mique didn't say anything he just pulled me into a one-armed hug and smiled.

"I do but I got a couple minutes to spend with my new favorite person, so are you going to invite me in or are we going to stand out here?" He asked and I lead him inside.

"I didn't know we were getting each other gifts." I said as he put the box on the table.

"What's the point of having money if I can't spend it? But don't worry I didn't spend too much, I just got you a few things I thought you'd enjoy." He said watching as I opened the box and pulled out a bunch of Texas Rangers stuff, one of them being Mique's jersey. "I thought you could wear that when you came to one of my games....... so what's been up the last time we talked you seemed pretty upset?" Mique asked.

"Just going through some things with Lorenzo......" I said quietly and he nodded.

"Oh..... well you should talk to him. I mean he couldn't have done anything that bad." Mique said watching my reaction.

"He got his baby mom pregnant again." I said and Mique just shrugged. "Wow thanks for the kind words of support." I said sarcastically.

"Look from what I understand about y'alls relationship, y'all haven't been together for about seven months you can't hold anything he's done in that time against him. I say give that nigga a chance to tell his side of the story maybe then you won't be so pissed at him." Mique said.

"Since when have you been Lorenzo's greatest supporter?" I asked putting everything back in the box.

"Oh I'm not, I just feel like if you don't talk to him you'll never be able to move on and the last thing I want is to be held accountable for his mistakes when you finally decided to give a nigga a chance. Just some food for thought, I gotta get going." Mique said walking over and hugging me, damn he smelled amazing. He pulled back enough to look in my eyes and just as we were about to kiss my door swung opened and Liberty and Cam walked in looking at us.

"Damn don't you know how to knock?" I asked stepping back from Mique. "Umm Mique that's my sister Liberty and you've already met my brother in law Cam, y'all this is my friend Mique." I said making introductions, Mique stuck his hand out and Liberty looked at him and rolled her eyes, before Cam dapped him up.

"Umm well I really gotta get going Legacy I'll call you later, nice meeting y'all." Mique said walking out.

"I don't like him." Liberty said sitting on the couch, big surprise there the only dude she ever liked that I talked to or fucked around with was Lorenzo. "Don't look like that little brother, you know how I get down I always grade a person based on the four S's; sexy, sneaky, suspect, and slut; and based on initial impressions he fits all four especially sneaky........" Liberty said picking up a magazine and started flipping through it.

"Don't mind her she's sexually frustrated....... but what's up bro are you coming to dinner tomorrow or nah because whether you know it or not you're coming." Cam said and I tried not to cuss him out.

"So are you asking me or telling me?" I asked because I really didn't like being told what to do.

"Well I'm asking but if you say no I'm telling you....." Cam said staring into my eyes. "Babe can you give me a second with my bro?" Cam asked Liberty who started to say something but change her mind. "Legacy I'm going to keep it 100 with you, you trying to avoid Enzo isn't going to work. Y'all are going to see each other all the time, at every family function and every trip we take so the sooner you get used to being around him the less awkward things will be in the future."

"Why can't I face Lorenzo when I'M ready?" I asked getting pissed.

"Legacy you have to get used to seeing Enzo with his daughter, just like he's going to have to get used to seeing you with Mique...... if y'all decide to get together and honestly I'm not saying you even have to talk to him but I don't want you to start distancing yourself from the family because of y'alls issues. We came out here together and I'll be there with you every step of the way, whatever you decide..... but you're coming to dinner." Cam said.

"Have you talked to your grandma?" I asked changing the subject and I heard Liberty smack her teeth at the mention of Cam's grandma.

"Nah..... she made it perfectly clear that she didn't want anything to do with my dad's kids...... except Carly. But I have talked to Sa'vion........." Cam said quietly. "Look I need to tell something but not right now, when we get some time away from your nosy ass sister." Cam said as Liberty walked out with a bag in her hand.

"Y'all were really going to kidnap me?" I asked looking at her and she simply nodded.

"Legacy I know you're not working tomorrow or the next day so you'll be staying with us over Khalil's until you have to go back to work. Now I'm going to wait in the car.... hurry up because I gotta go help Mama Angela finish cooking." Liberty said walking out the door with a bag of my stuff.

"So what's going on now that nosy is gone?" I asked looking at him.

"Not right now, I don't wanna fuck up your holidays even more but we'll definitely talk about it sometime within the next week; you, me and Dev. Now let's go Noah has been using me as a buffer so he doesn't have to talk to his mom and I hate leaving my little nigga hanging." Cam said standing up, I figured what the hell I knew they wouldn't leave me alone until I showed my face so I might as well get it over with..............

When we got to Khalil's house everything seemed calm, I walked inside and the first person I saw was Lorenzo playing on the ground with Ivanna and even though I was still pissed at him I couldn't help but smile he seemed like the happiest person in the world with his daughter. He turned towards me and I saw the sadness in his eyes but I knew he wouldn't approach me, at least not right now. I followed Cam to the basement where Devin, Blaze and Rex all stood around playing air hockey.

"Oh shyt look who decided to show up, wassup Legacy?" Rex said looking at me smirking and Devin just rolled his eyes then passed Blaze and Rex some money.

"So y'all bet to see if I showed up?" I said smirking.

"I didn't think you'd show up until tomorrow now I'm out $1000." Devin said wrapping his arms around Blaze.

"$1500 little bro you bet me that I couldn't get him over here either." Cam said and Devin just shook his head. "Now start the game over me and Legacy got next." Cam said walking over to the table. I shook my head and smiled as I walked over to the table and looked around, Cam was right even though I wasn't sure what would happen with me and Lorenzo I needed to get used to the fact that we were going to see each other because there was nothing that would keep me from my other family. As Cam was setting up the table I noticed Michelle walking down the hall to Noah's room and I started to let Cam know Noah might need his buffer but I figured the little dude needed to have this conversation with his mom.........................