Fallen Down

You wince as your head slams against the locker, hitting a sensitive spot. You crumple to the floor at the sudden shock. Your world swims before your eyes and you feel hot tears begin to gather in your eyes, but you blink them away as the bully laughs and begins to swing at you again. Seeing the attack beforehand, you catch the clenched fist at the wrist, abruptly slamming him down with a lot of force.

The boy gasps and stumbles to the floor, giving you the chance to shoot up and slam his shoulders into the locker. The small thudding sound excels through the abandoned halls. He narrows his eyes as you pin him to the locker, and you glare at him. "Hey, I know you don't like me that much, but if you don't leave me alone, you're not going to have a fun experience." You growl at him, receiving a disbelieving look. He spits in your face, looking satisfied, and you flinch. You squeeze your fingers in rage, his wrists turning purple. You shove his shoulder blades into the cream locker, ready to kick him in the stomach, but you hesitate. You decide not to stoop to his miserable level, and let go of his now-bruising wrists. You glare as he scrambles up and runs away from you.

You grunt defiantly, and pick back up your backpack. You sling it over your shoulder, and wince as it hits a bruise. You walk downstairs slowly, your footprints echoing down the empty halls. It was around thirty minutes after school, and you'd have to walk home now. You feel a cold, heavy feeling in your stomach. This happened often, and you hated it. As if your life wasn't hard enough, they just made it worse. Stepping out of the glass double-doors, you murmur a small goodbye to the lady at the front desk. The cold slams against your face, but you never really minded chilly weather. Simply adjusting your sweater and scarf, you were satisfied. You decide to head to your favorite place to calm down, Mount Ebott Park. Instead of going on the dirt road that directs you home, you begin to walk through the forest that's a safe distance from the school.

~°~°~°~

You delicately step through the dead leaves, hearing satisfyingly loud cracking noises. The October winds tug greedily at your hair, and you tuck a lock behind your ear. You shuffle into the park- well, you called it a park, but it was just a bench in a clearing. You make your way to the bench, struggling through the leaves. You sit down and sigh. This place was empty as usual, but that was fine. You liked your alone time; it was an excuse to break from your boring evening at home. You play with the sleeve of your faded F/C sweater, lost in your imagination.

Your thoughts are interrupted by a shuffle behind you. You jump up and snap your head to the side, tensing your shoulders. There was nothing there. You felt a shiver crawl up your spine. Paranoia has always been a problem with you. You cautiously walk over to where you heard the noise. The leaves crinkling beneath your feet drowns out most of your hearing, and your uneven breath dances in front of you before being swept away. You feel eyes boring into your tense back. The eerie feeling of being watched lingered over you like a bad scent, and you kept glancing back behind you. You thought you were just paranoid, but when you feel breath on your ear, you spun around so fast that your vision went blurry. You had also swung back your arm, hoping to come in contact with the stalker, but you were met by cold air. The sudden movement set your balance off, and you stumble backward. You attempt to catch yourself, but your legs buckle underneath you. You brace yourself, expecting to hit hard earth, but that never happens. You feel paralyzed, staring at the sunset that gets smaller and smaller and praying that this is all a dream. You let out a silent scream, your voice silenced by a pressure on your throat. You remember hitting something hard, then everything went black.

~°~°~°~

"Oh god, it's dead, isn't it?" A quiet voice chocked out. You heard hushed sobbing next to your ear. You quickly stir, muscles screaming in protest, and the thing next to you gasps. There's a sound of earth moving, and by the time you've moved your sore head around, it's gone. You groan in pain, rubbing your tender neck lightly. Grunting, you slowly get up. You stiffly look around. The room you're in is dimly lit by a mysterious glow. You narrow your eyes up at the long tunnel of light, assuming the sun stood up there. The walls were neatly sliced rocks, with a few chips here and there. The columns were cracked and worn from old age. You noticed that you were standing on a small batch of buttercups. They must've broken your fall; otherwise, you'd probably be dead right now. You shudder at the thought. You cautiously made your way to a doorway, and stepped through. There was a small clearing of grass that was lit by a mysterious light. You were confused, but your thoughts stopped when a small flower abruptly popped out of the green land. You flinch in surprise. He gives you a shaky smile.

"H-howdy! I'm Flowey, Flowey the Flower!" He calls cheerfully; but you can tell it's forced by the small quivering in his voice. He glances at the floor tensely, as if reciting a long-forgotten script. His eyes slowly come back in contact with yours. "You must be new to the underground." He states shakily. "W-well, I guess lil' old m-me w-will ha..." He trails off, trembling. He tries to re-begin his sentence, but shifts in distress.

You widen your eyes as he lets out a choked sob. "Please don't kill me..." he cries out to you. He has tears forming in his eyes, and your heart wrenches. You feel your body seize up in shock. You're given two options; KILL or DO NOT.

You smile happily and shake your head, saying that you won't hurt him. He widens his eyes in disbelief. "...R-Really?" he whispers, barely audible. You nod. He smiles, this time visually happy. "Wow, nobody spares eachother in the UNDERGROUND." He sighs, and slouches a bit. He gently looks around, and then looks back at you. "Well, I'll show you around the Ruins. Follow me!" he happily bounces, and then vanishes back into the soil. You gulp, and nervously re-adjust your scarf. Sighing bravely, you continue into the catacombs, your steps echoing back at you into the dark halls.

Author's Note: haha this isn't three weeks late. no, how could you possibly say that??? haHAHAHA
Anyways, this story is going to go by a bit slower. Papyrus may not be introduced until the third or even fourth chapter.

Sorry ;w; Hope you liked it!
-Inky