Chapter Twenty Four - Family

Start from the beginning

"You're doing the right thing" I whispered, patting my brother on the back as he fought his emotions.

I got up from my chair and wandered back into the house where Liza stood against the sink, scrubbing the dishes with a dirty yellow sponge. I walked behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist as she smiled her wonderful smile that made me fall in love with her all over again.

"How are you my dear?" I asked, rubbing my nose against the skin of her neck as she giggled.

"I'm doing well thank you" She spoke in between laughs as i kissed the nape of her neck.

"We've gained another cure lovely" I whispered into her neck. She froze, just like i expected her too.

"What are you talking about?" She asked, her voice low and serious.

"Thomas. We're going to perform the spell tonight" I informed her, her hands stopping what they were scrubbing off of a dish.

"Jack has agreed to this?" She asked surprised.

"I've convinced him it is the best chance for our kind and Mary to -"

"This isn't about Mary Ted" She cut in angrily as she turned around disentangling my arms from her body.

"Mary is gone. She is what she is and turning the children into weapons is a risk of getting the bigger part of our family killed to save her. Let it go Ted, be grateful for what we already have" She told me, her brown eyes stern on my green ones.

"I won't give up on her Liza, i will not rest until Mary is part of this family again, on our side" I spoke back.

"You may have given up on her, but i will never turn my back on our daughters" I shot out before storming off towards the hall and my bedroom.

I couldn't understand the want for her to simply let it go. Mary was our first child, she was our first joy and i wasn't going to give up on her until either i was dead or she was dead, properly at least. I wasn't going to let her be what she was, i couldn't stand to sit by and know that she was part of the destroyers, part of the vampires, not when Rosalie was built to save that. I was going to get my family back, at any cost.

-

"I remember the day quite clearly when my father told me all about the vampires, what he was, what my uncle was... what you were" Thomas told me as we sat in the abandoned house.

"He told me that it was what was best for me, that i would one day save the world from what i am today. It's quite funny to see that i am now what i am and you are not. My father always thought it would become the other way around" He lightly laughed as i sat there taking in all this new information.

"Did you.. get any other abilities when they created the spell?" I asked, wondering if Thomas could drift or do any other strange talents.

"Drifting? No, no. My spell was more practised by that point. It worked on key" He sighed "You know that the drifting is the curse i assume?" He continued, staring ahead at the destroyed fireplace.

"Thanks to Mary, yes" I nodded "Did she know about you? About the family?" I asked, curious if she had missed out on that part.

"No. I don't think to this day she knows about me and our fathers" He smiled sympathetically "She was kept just as much in the dark as you were"

"Why haven't i known about you or Jack up until this point? Why didn't my father ever mention you before he died, or my mother at least?" I asked.

"About a year after the spell was created, your father found my father trying to undo what he had done to me" He started "Apparently My father had received a letter in the mail. A very colourful threatening letter from someone known as Carlos. My father was either to give me up or die" He shrugged.