The Big Day...Don't Rain on my Parade

Katie

Yesterday flew by so fast I barely remembered it. Today was the day I have been waiting for since the moment Owen proposed.

 Cassandra and Owen spent most of the morning setting the chairs up in front of the gazebo. Only a few more hours left until I am officially Mrs. Matthews. I walked to the front window wearing only my robe. Looking outside I could see the white chairs set up perfectly in rows along the center aisle. A white runner covered in red rose petals lined the center.

The gazebo steps were lined with candles and a single long stem red rose to represent Abby. The scene before me looked like it came straight out of one of my magazines. They did an amazing job creating the perfect scenery.

“Katie, let’s get your hair done now,” Cassandra called from the bathroom. I walked to the bathroom where she had turned it into a styling salon.

“Now remember before you go all crazy on my hair and makeup I just want something simple.”

“I know and I have the perfect look for you.”

She proceeded to put my hair it hot curlers, and I kind of shuddered at the thought of my hair curly. She swears she knows what she was doing so I had to trust her. After all of my hair was up in the curlers she moved to my nails. She painted them a pale pink that was not too flashy, yet still showed off some color. After my nails were finished she started applying my make-up. I swear if she makes me look like a whore I was going to kill her.

She refused to let me look in the mirror until she was completely finished. She pulled the curlers out and let my hair fall neatly on my shoulders. I couldn’t tell exactly what she was doing but it almost felt like she was putting it in a ponytail. When she was finally satisfied she placed a few flowers in my hair then turned me around to face the mirror. I took a deep breath then opened my eyes.

I was completely shocked by the image before me. I did not recognize the woman in the mirror. My hair was pulled up with a few stray curls that sat on my shoulders. The flowers were perfectly placed throughout my hair.

 My makeup was flawless… I never knew my eyes could pop like that. Everything was perfect just the way I wanted it. I tried my hardest to hold back the tears that threatened to fall and ruin my makeup. But to no avail they still fell. Cassie quickly handed me a tissue so that I could blot my eyes.

“I’m so sorry I am messing it up.”

“It is ok I can fix it before you walk out the door in about 20 minutes.”

“We better hurry and get my dress on. I didn’t realize it was getting that close to time.”

Owen was at his dad’s house getting dressed. After him and his dad were dressed they were supposed to go pick up his mom. They should be arriving here at any minute now. 

Cassie helped me get into my dress and we decided that I would just go barefoot since my feet were so swollen. My toenails were painted the same color as my fingers. I sat down on the couch being careful not to wrinkle my dress. Owen’s dad would come in and get me when it was time to start. Now all I had to do was relax and wait.

“Katie, we have an issue,” Cassandra flew into the room.

“Please no issues today, they are not allowed,” I struggled to get myself off the couch. I will be so glad when it is really time to have this baby. I followed Cassandra to kitchen. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw that my parents stood before me.

“What are you doing here?” I glared at them.

“Why didn’t you tell us you were getting married, let alone pregnant?” My mom complained. My dad looked down at my growing belly then turned on his heel and walked out the door without saying a word.