Chapter 14 • The fight

This chapter will probably be so shit because I am sick at the moment

Also, trigger warnings through this chapter I'm sorry ❤️

•••

WILLOW'S POV

I sat in front of the bathroom sink with Phil as he used a towel to stop the bleeding.

I know I am such a idiot for doing it.

I know.

There is no need for you to tell me that.

As Charlie left the room, I heard him say "Dan I can see you you know."

I felt my heart stop. Dan was outside the door the whole time? What if he heard?

"Dan I'm not stupid. I was in Afghanistan for two years, I can tell when things aren't normal and I am 100% your hair was not behind the staircase as I came in here." Charlie says.

I sigh as I realise Dan's doing his stupid 'if I hide here maybe he won't see me' tactic.

Pathetic.

It was silent a couple of seconds until I hear Dan ask Charlie "What's wrong with Willow?"

"That's for her to tell you. Not me," Charlie says before I hear the stairs creak symbolising he had walked off.

Great. Now I have to tell Dan my shitty story.

As soon as Dan enters the bathroom, he stares at me and then at Phil who is pressing down the white towel onto my cuts.

"Wh-what's gone on?" He stammered.

Of course Dan didn't know what he had done.

I stay quiet as I lower my head, my hair falling like a curtain around my face. I feel my brother lift up my chin with his finger as he plants a kiss on my forehead, "You're ok now Willow. Just told him what you told me."

Phil got up, squeezing past Dan who had been standing in the doorframe. Phil whispered something to Dan but Phil isn't a very good whisperer so I heard what he said clearly, "You really fucked up this time, mate."

Dan looked at me, "What-?"

I look at him, "I'm a disappointment Dan, I know I am. There's no need for you to tell me that."

"No... no you're not." Dan kneels in front of me and goes to hug me but I move away. Dan frowns at me. And in his eyes, I see that same look from earlier.

Disappointment.

"Yes I am Dan. I am a disappointment for not wanting to have your fucking kids," I snap.

Dan stares at me, "I was never disappointed-"

I snort, "Please Dan. Don't lie. I know you were. It was so obvious you were disappointed you might as well have had it written all over your forehead in the same sharpie you get high off every November with my brother."

Dan glares at me, "What the fuck is that suppose to mean? And what the hell is wrong with you?"

"There's nothing wrong with me but I know you were disappointed because it was in your eyes Dan. You're eyes went dull and not shiny. They were full of disappointment. They had the same look as I turned down your hug ten seconds ago." I say.

"And that's the reason you cut? Because you thought you saw 'disappointment' in my eyes?" Dan snapped.

"It's more complicated than that Dan-"

"I'M DEPRESSED TOO BUT YOU DON'T SEE ME CUTTING MY WRISTS OPEN JUST BECAUSE OF A LOOK IN SOMEONES FUCKING EYES!" He yells.

"You don't get it Dan..." I mutter back, tears forming again in my eyes.

"YOU'RE RIGHT! I DON'T FUCKING GET IT!" Dan yells again, obviously hearing what I had said, "BECAUSE UNKIKE YOU, I TOLD SOMEONE I WAS FEELING DEPRESSED AND THEY HELPED ME TO GET MY LIFE BACK TOGETHER SLOWLY..."

"SOMETIMES THAT'S HARDER TO DO THAN YOU THINK TO TELL SOMEONE!" I yell, anger filling me up with every one of Dan's words.

"IF I MANAGED TO DO IT, THEN YOU MOST CERTAINLY COULD HAVE TOO BEFORE IT WAS TOO LATE! YOU JUST KEPT IT TO YOURSELF AND THAT'S WHY YOU'RE LIKE THIS NOW! CUTTING YOURSELF FOR EVERY LITTLE GODDAM THING!"

I stare at him as he gets up and leaves the room angrily, stomping up the stairs.

"MY MOM WAS RIGHT DAN!" I yell after him, "I NEVER SHOULD HAVE GONE OUT WITH SOMEONE SIX YEARS OLDER! IT WAS A MISTAKE WAITING TO HAPPEN AND IT'S ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT!"

PHIL'S POV

Even with the music on, Dan and Willow's argument could be heard.

Everyone was quiet and Pj turned off the music.

Music wasn't appropriate right now.

Where as everyone else looked worried and concerned, maybe a few were mad... but I was fuming.

As I hear Dan's footsteps up the stairs I hand Desi back to Ashley before leaving the room. Before Dan can close his door, I grab the collar of Dan's shirt.

"HEY!" He yells. Then he see's it's me.

"How dare you say that to my sister," I snap, "How dare you tell her off for cutting and you wanting a child-"

"I never told her I wanted anything," Dan retorted.

"You were hinting at it though didn't you?" I ask. There was silence between us, "DIDN'T YOU?"

"Ok fine yes! I want to fucking get my life sorted out Phil. I want to get married, I want to have kids and I don't want to have to wait for a teenager to grow up in aid to do that..."

"Then maybe you shouldn't be dating my sister then." I snap, "Because for a teenager she has been through a whole load of shit."

"I know, I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that I-"

"No you shouldn't have said that should you? She has had a miscarriage. She has been beaten up a lot. She is depressed. She has cut. She has been in hospital. Anxiety, coma's, amnesia..." I list, pulling up a finger with every point I made.

"Ok I get it," Dan says angrily, "Now leave me alone." And he slams his bedroom door in my face.

"Leave him Phil. He's being a dick," I turn and see Willow, her arms crossed and a large hospital plaster covering her cuts.

I sigh as I pull her into a hug, "He's just on his man period," She says making me laugh a bit.

"Everything ok?" Willow looks back and we see Connor there with Joe.

"Y-yeah..." Willow stammers as Joe hugs her.

"You may not remember, but the night you lost your mom and we face timed, this is what I wanted to do. Hug you close to me to make you feel better." Joe says.

"Thanks Joe," she smiles.

•••

I didn't intend Dan to become such a ... such a dick in this chapter 😂

Hannah x