Chapter 17

***Maya’s POV***

“Hey, go to Luke’s house. He needs you. Bring some pancakes or something. I made a few extras.” Emma yelled and jumped on the couch next to me. “Are you even talking to me? Wow! That’s an absolute magic!” I joked. She throws a cushion at me and chuckles.

“Well, he did something special for you that I think you should see so he’s waiting for you.” She said. I went upstairs to change. Well, at least I get to wear something more appropriate than a plaid pj’s. I changed into a sweatpants and ROXY shirt. I put my hair up in a messy bun and put on my slippers. I grabbed a Tupperware in the cabinet to get the pancakes she made. It was delicious because duh chocolate chips.

“I’m out now!” I yelled and ran outside to the 5SOS cribs. I knocked the door. Calum opened the door and he chuckles.

“She’s here Luke!” He yelled and I chuckles. “Come in. It’s kinda messy. Well, I see you bring breakfast!” He licks his lips. “Well, sorry Cal but this one is for Luke.” I said and he frowned. I dialed Emma’s number and she picked up.

“Hey Em, it’s Cal and the boys. I’m sending them over to the house for breakfast you made.” I said and they all cheered. “Okay then!” She said and hung up.

“She said you can come over.” I said and Calum grabbed his shirt. Well, he sleeps shirtless and it’s none of my business. I ran up to the room which was obviously labeled  ‘Hemmo’.

I knocked the door and he opened the door at just the third knock. I smiled as I saw him but my eyes went straight to his bandage.

“Emma told me to come here after what you did. I think that’s what she meant.” I said as I walked in. He closed the door and we sat on his bed. “So, why did you cut yourself?” I asked. “Do we really have to talk about it?” He asked and I nodded. “Well, I like you too and I do care about you so let’s just say I want to know what I did wrong.” I said and he chuckles.

“Well, actually, I saw you kissed Connor last night.” He said.  “Oh about that. I have to explain that. Look, as someone who grew up with love of friends and my own grandma, it’s a rare kiss I give. A very nice kiss to a friend. I kissed my entire friend before so you don’t have to worry about it. You wanna know a secret?” I asked and he nodded. I lay down on his bed since it wasn’t entirely messed up.

“Well, one thing to know whether I’m in love with someone or he’s just another friend is, the way I kiss them. I kiss all of my friends on the cheeks so Connor is one of my friends. When I fall in love with someone, I’ll kiss them on the nose.” I chuckles and he lay down next to me.

“Nose? Why nose?” He asked and giggles. “Well, my grandma used to kiss my nose every night before I go to bed. Well, that’s her way of showing her love so I intend to use it on my own. I kissed my ex boyfriend on the nose until he dumped me. My last kiss to him was I kiss him goodbye.” I said.

“So you love your ex?” He asked. “Used to. I was dumb before so don’t bother about it.” I said and he smiled. I lift my head and kiss him on the cheeks.

“What’s that for?” He asked. “You’ll have to figure out yourself.” I chuckles and grabbed the pancakes. “Emma made this for you so it’s whether you eat it or it’s just gonna grow fungus and we’ll have to throw it then.” I chuckles and he ate it. “You have your show tonight, right?” I asked. Well, it’s Thursday and you told me you have show tonight. Eat up and get ready.” I said.

“It’s still early.” He replied and smirked. “Well, Mr. Hemmings, you have a lot of things to do today but I have to go to the office to send my paper thingy that I’ve been working on these few days. I’ll meet you guys tonight then. Text me the venue.” I said and he grabbed my wrist.

“I love you.” He smiled. “It’s still too early Luke. You know nothing about me.” I chuckles. “Soon I will.” He smiled. “Bye!” I said and left the room.

I went home and saw the boys. I get upstairs and get ready. Emma handed me those paper work she’s been working out these few days. Well, her and mine, we both could own this job. It’s funny how she was the one who is so enthusiastic about our café at first and ended up taking a job in an interior design business.

I get a cab and went straight to the office where Emma said was somewhere near a McD in town. Well, here goes the new job for both of us then.