Chapter 12: Back To Cali

Cyn

I never thought I'd be so happy to be going back to LA. Traveling with Erica was fun but I guess I was getting old or something.

Parties and clubs just don't excite me like they used to. I'd rather be figuring out my next business move...or spending time with my wife.

I still had trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that I was a married woman now.

That everything Erica and I had been through was for this moment right here. I hadn't wasted my time.

I looked up from the bed where I laid comfortably, watching Erica pack her suitcases.

"And this is why I never unpack." I chuckle.

She rolls her eyes. I could tell she was dealing with the aftermath of last night. Classic hangover.

"You could be helping your wife, that would be nice." She mumbles sitting on one of her Louie suitcases trying to zip it.

I pull the covers off my body and walk over to Erica. "Fine. Move." She stands up and I take her spot on the luggage. I sit and zip with ease and start packing her carry on. "Go lie down you big baby. I'll finish." I grumble.

We weren't leaving for two more hours and Erica was too drunk to pack when we got back last night.

So she had the bright idea to nap for a couple hours and then get up and pack.

She gives me a loving stare pulling me into a hug. "Thank you baaabe."

"Yeah,Yeah. Bye...before I change my mind." I fake glare at her and she chuckles as she climbs back into bed.

I finished packing the rest of her things in no time but by now I was already awake. I climbed back into bed and started scrolling down my Twitter feed.

Erica was knocked out beside me, so I couldn't watch any videos. My headphones were already packed away in my carryon.

So I was just reading and tweeting random tweets.

@cyn_santana: 6 in the morning/ up/ why?

@cyn_santana: West coast timezone got me fucked up.

Some fans start retweeting me and I reply to them.

I keep scrolling my timeline until my eyes start getting heavy. I close my eyes and try to get some sleep.

45 minutes later.

The alarm caused my body jerk up out of bed and when my heart finally settled in my chest, I looked to my right to see Erica still peacefully sleeping.

I gently shook her. "Babe. Time to get up."

She grunted a long dragged out "noooooo" as she wrapped her arms around my waist, eyes still closed.

"Uhh uhh...I don't like this role reversal. I'm the one who doesn't like getting up in the morning." I cross my arms over my chest.

She finally opens her eyes sitting up, her arms still around me as she pulled me close.

She pressed soft kisses to my skin, burying her face in the crook of my neck.

"I love you." She whispers

An embarrassing smile danced across my lips. "I love you too."

"Shit you better."

We climb out of bed and quickly throw on some cute traveling clothes.

Erica did a room sweep, making sure we didn't leave anything before we took our luggage to the lobby and checked out.

We had to wait for Albee, but thank god he was going home. His flight was taking him back to New York.

I was glad because, spending a week with him was draining.

Plus I wanted to go home and actually enjoy being a newlywed without him all in our space.

Erica walked over to the waiting area where I sat on the couch. She took a seat on my lap.

"Ugh where is this nigga...our flights leave in twenty minutes." Erica pulls her phone and calls Albee again.

Soon as the voice tone came she hung up, only to see Albee walking out the elevator with a shameful look.

He went to the front desk and quickly checked out. He walked over to us and sighed. "Sorry. Y'all ready?" He asks.

Erica looks at him with confusion. "Yeah. Why you look like you just saw a ghost?" She asks as she hops up from my lap.

We walk out the front to the black SUV and the driver starts putting our bag in the back.

Albee got in the front seat as E and I took the back row.

"I don't wanna talk about it." He says turning forward and buckling up.

I give him the stank face even though he wasn't looking at me. I hated when people did that.

Moping around, looking extra emotional, then when somebody asks what's wrong they say nothing.

The drive to the airport was quick. We parted ways with Mr. Drama King, I was a little upset. I wanted to rub the marriage in his face.

Back To LA

The flight was only two hours, so we ended up back in LA before noon.

We went right over to Raul's to pick King up.

"Kingggg!" I scream as he opens the front door after Erica knocked.

He jumped into my arms and I squeezed him tight.
"Cyn!"

"I missed you buddy. How was your week?" I ask letting him go and he then wrapped his arms around Erica.

"It was good. I missed you guys." He says as Erica pressed kisses all over his cheeks.

"Missed you more baby boy, c'mon let's go home." She says as we go back to the car.

I didn't realize I was so tired because I dozed off soon as we left Raul's place and didn't open my eyes again until we were in the parking garage.

I opened my eyes and stretched. "Finally." I mumble climbing out the truck.

Grabbing my bags I sprinted to the apartment with King and Erica tagging closely behind.

I was so happy to be back. Never thought I'd be saying that.

I opened the door to see all my furniture from New York.

A weird grin crept over my face as I quickly pulled my phone out.

"You're here aren't you Whit!?" I scream happily into to the phone.

She laughs. "How'd you figure me out?"

I laugh. "Cuz my furniture is here. So I knew it. Thanks for letting the movers in. Ima need that spare key back though."

"I left it under the mat." She says.

I smile. "Glad no one decided to rob us with the most obvious spare key spot." I joke playfully.

We talked for a couple more minutes until I felt Erica glaring at me. She cleared her throat giving me a look.

"Yeah, I'll call you back. Let me unpack and get settled." I say ending the call.

I turn back to face Erica. King already disappeared.

"Don't act like that...I tolerated Albee for six days straight. I'm still bleaching my eyes after seeing his lil hairy ass."

She laughs. "It's not just because I don't like her ass. I just kinda wanted to spend some us time. Maybe consummate this marriage." She wiggles her eyebrows.

I give her a soft smile. "Well..." I move closer to her. "I think that can be arranged." I whisper into a soft kiss to her lips.